Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Don't mean to hijack but what winches are you guys using? It's near impossible to get the Mojo up against the bow stop with the 1500# stock winch even with it partially floating... I'm afraid I'm going to spin the handle off. I've been looking at a Fulton F2 2 speed 3200#, and the 2000# on my last boat and it was awesome.

This past weekend, I trashed my prop trying to force the boat to the bow stop... sure would be nice if you could close the ~2" gap with a winch.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default Bestia the 2013 Moomba Mojo

I have no problem reaching the bow stop. Are you limited on how far you can back your trailer in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    I have no problem reaching the bow stop. Are you limited on how far you can back your trailer in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    +1 on this.

something isn't quite right with your loading technique and if you tore the old prop up doing this, you're sure to do the same with the new one which is larger.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    +1 on this.

something isn't quite right with your loading technique and if you tore the old prop up doing this, you're sure to do the same with the new one which is larger.
    Yes, we are fairly new to the inboard world. My last boat was a snap to load. We certainly didn't have the trailer far enough in the water this past weekend because I couldn't get up to the bow stop... I had my wife back in but she went back too far...I powered up and hit the side of the prop guard because things good crooked as she backed (it was both windy and choppy). I think we've learned our lesson and shouldn't have too much as far as problems go as long as the trailer is consistently backed so that the fender is barely above water. We do easily use 6+ ramps in a given season and each is a little different... that adds some complexity.

My question had to do with winches. I've seen non standard winches on several peoples trailers. It would be nice if once you pulled out and found you had a 1" gap to your bow stop that you could crank the winch and get it up there.
    Last edited by uniwarking; 09-06-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

I recently switched my winch to the Fulton F2. Not the 2 speed, just the beefed up version of the stock style.

You will not be able to crank the bow to the bow stop unless its in the water. No way.

I have proped my boat on this year on the trailer and never did with my LSV.

The issues i have learned with the Mojo is with the wide nose, it doesn't center on the trailer as well as the deeper V nose boats. Also it has more weight on the nose section that's riding on the trailer so its much harder to crank up then a V nose such as the LSV.

Normally i can drive the boat on the trailer and then crank it with it just in gear enough to releave the pressure on my winch. Not the case with the Mojo, this is how it got proped.

The way we load the boat now is run the trailer down deep, 5 or 6inches over the fenders. Drive the boat up to the trailer and shut her off as the nose passes the guide poles. Then i can winch her up to the bow stop. My driver and a crew person will hold the guide-poles to center the boat. I pull it out of the water then one will jump on the swim deck and make sure the boat is sitting on the bunks correctly. If so i pull the boat up the ramp.

I find it much more frustrating to trailer the Mojo then my LSV but once i got used to the new style it was no issue.

As for just muscling on the boat using the winch, i have ripped several straps doing this, so many that i keep a spare in the truck.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    My question had to do with winches. I've seen non standard winches on several peoples trailers. It would be nice if once you pulled out and found you had a 1" gap to your bow stop that you could crank the winch and get it up there.
    Many have been happy with the fulton winch we bought thru this group buy

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=fulton+group

Not sure though that a different winch solves your problem. You're still manually cranking some 4,000 lbs.

Lot of good advice in this thread for loading. I'd suggest that you get the fenders UNDER the water.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=loading

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I recently switched my winch to the Fulton F2. Not the 2 speed, just the beefed up version of the stock style.

You will not be able to crank the bow to the bow stop unless its in the water. No way.

I have proped my boat on this year on the trailer and never did with my LSV.

The issues i have learned with the Mojo is with the wide nose, it doesn't center on the trailer as well as the deeper V nose boats. Also it has more weight on the nose section that's riding on the trailer so its much harder to crank up then a V nose such as the LSV.

Normally i can drive the boat on the trailer and then crank it with it just in gear enough to releave the pressure on my winch. Not the case with the Mojo, this is how it got proped.

The way we load the boat now is run the trailer down deep, 5 or 6inches over the fenders. Drive the boat up to the trailer and shut her off as the nose passes the guide poles. Then i can winch her up to the bow stop. My driver and a crew person will hold the guide-poles to center the boat. I pull it out of the water then one will jump on the swim deck and make sure the boat is sitting on the bunks correctly. If so i pull the boat up the ramp.

I find it much more frustrating to trailer the Mojo then my LSV but once i got used to the new style it was no issue.

As for just muscling on the boat using the winch, i have ripped several straps doing this, so many that i keep a spare in the truck.
    I appreciate your response, I know I'm not the only one that's hit their trailer. Our crew will just need to take a little time to figure out what works best for us. Your method certainly sounds difficult and I would rather somethign like that not be neccesary.

Beautiful boat by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Many have been happy with the fulton winch we bought thru this group buy

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=fulton+group

Not sure though that a different winch solves your problem. You're still manually cranking some 4,000 lbs.

Lot of good advice in this thread for loading. I'd suggest that you get the fenders UNDER the water.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=loading
    Thanks fo the links wolfe, I'll check them out.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Default Bestia the 2013 Moomba Mojo

Yes you want the highest part of your fenders at least 2" UNDER water.

Having your fenders above the waterline could be what contributed to your prop strike, if you back deep enough down the trailer should be too low under the floating boat for the prop to come into contact

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Waking up my old thread, figure its the best place to post up the upgrades.

Just picked her up from AWS yesterday afternoon.
    Upgrades included,
    2014 Stainless Steel Swim Deck brackets, I think these are now standard on Moomba, and have been standard on Supra for some time. Very strong, stops the rattle but does require two people to remove the swim deck because it tilts towards the boat now.

I will have to contact my friends at FAE now to get a new mounting system.

Also got the Flow installed, nothing different to see as plenty of pics have been posted.

Upgraded to the new Black Chrome MOOMBA letters, looks pretty nice, I would still rather have BLACK but that's a Supra only option still.

Had to get a couple warranty issues taken are of,
    1 Electronic Dash display bolts and bracket fell off, I assume due to the base.
    2 Port side front speaker pulled 2 of the 4 screws out, I assume do to the bass in the bow area
    3 Observer seat, and walk through seat piping on the bottom of the seat was fraying.

Had to get a little cosmetic work done, I had gell cracking on the port side due to the boat hitting the side of our House Boat at Powell, really windy a couple days, bent the piss out of my anchor, and it actally pulled lose both anchors I had on the Mojo.

Lastly was a little touch up on the trailer from a prop strike last year. < don't ask > lol

Gell Cracks.

Repaired, Color matched perfect. Also Naked look.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Flow,

New Letters

[COLOR="#696969"]