Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like you can take sections out of your tower? How does that work? I understand you don't have the factory oz.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Chris, mike bought. Shane stilmans prototype mojo. SC boat designer, so he got a newer tower design that is not in production yet.

You still on the fence on the new boat?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like you can take sections out of your tower? How does that work? I understand you don't have the factory oz.
    Yes mine has a 1 off Skylon, 1 off because even the tower has been changed slightly from factory. It has the lower cross bar removed to open the lower section of the tower up.

On my tower the center section is removable with 6 Allan bolts. This is how i wires the tower. It would seem this makes wires easier but trust be it doesn't. I had to do a lot of cutting grinding and customizing to the inside area that you cant see to make the wires work. The tower is designed to only have wires in the front most tube goto the boat. There is a small track in the removable section for wires to the rear inside tube. In order to mount my center 3set of speakers i had to drill access holes then route the center section to allow the wires.

Like i said in your PM go with the 500 option and get the larger diameter tower i think you will be more then happy.

Other then the diameter of my tower vs the standard, and the removable center section they are pretty similar. They use the same Bimini also.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Got my Evolution cover finally, nah actually had it about 2 months just never have gotten pictures of it LOL.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Nice cover!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks sharp. How does the gray match up with the boat / truck? Pics don't always do it justice.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Looks sharp. How does the gray match up with the boat / truck? Pics don't always do it justice.
    The cover is a little lighter grey then the boat, the boat isn't Metallic like the truck so they aren't exact but over all it all looks sweet.

I should have got a picture of the entire set up, ill do that when i take her out next week.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

cover looks good, looks to fit a little better than mine

and get that boat tight up against the bow stop
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post

and get that boat tight up against the bow stop
    HAHA i didnt even notice that, ill mention that to my crew, you know in Texas it seemed every boat we looked at sits about 4 inches off the bow stop. IDK i tried it but the boat bounced all over the place on the trailer. Felt really ruff on the back of the truck.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sometimes when you load the rear end is floating when you winch up. This pushes the bow down and tight to the roller. Then when you pull the trailer out of the water the rear sits down on the bunks. At this point the nose lifts up a little and leaves a gap between the eye and the roller. Very hard to winch her up more when she's up out of the water though. Maybe on a downslope it could be done with the bunks still wet. Maybe have to just pull out of the water a few feet and winch a little more before you leave the ramp.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!