Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah it is still an Indmar. I can run out to my boat and take a quick picture for you.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Test drive went great. He brought his whole family and I brought 3 with me so we were 8 on board. Good test for weight I'd imagine. I did a slalom run with a 3/2 wetsuit so it was tolerable (50F air, 52F water). My buddy did a quick run on a wakeboard to see what he thought. No one in my party could think of a reason to talk me out of it so I have a hand shake deal with the owner. Banks are all closed today so we're going to meet tomorrow morning and wrap everything up at his bank. I'll be towing it home tomorrow afternoon. Getting a spare SS prop with the boat, has cover, new impeller, trailer tires are in good shape, and the bimini is pretty new.

I'll take a bunch of pictures when its in my custody and post them up.

Congrats! Looks like you got a great boat.
    2012 Moomba LSV

Contragulations!

Getting a spare SS prop with the boat
    That will make a nice decoration on the wall. After having run one a few years I personally wouldn't do it again.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg, have you struck stuff with the SS prop? They're pricey and they're rigid so I can see that as a down side in the event of an obstacle strike. Any other reason you don't like it? The prop on the boat is SS too.

Yes actually - dead head under the surface that we never even saw in 10ft of water. Came across it just above idling but it took out all the running gear - strut, driveshaft, etc. The whole back of the boat basically jumped sideways. Had it not been a stainless prop there's a good chance that's all I would have been replacing. Well that and the rudder.

The prop had the least damage. Everything else was hammered. Only boats I see stainless on anymore are bass boats and the occasional I/O.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Hmm....good to know. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for an opportunity to trade the SS spare for a brass or brass alloy prop.

Its a done deal, the boat is mine and its in my carport. Everything went really smoothly. I'm stoked. Can't wait to get a warm day and take it out on the water.

Oh, and here are a few pictures from today. Of course, I can't upload any pictures again so here is a link to my original image directory with today's pics added.

https://www.box.com/s/whzyxr83y57hc6pnxza2

Default Looking at 2002 Outback LSV

Nice score!