Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Good looking boat - and it matches the truck. Bonus!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Very nice!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice clean looking boat. Score! Better pinch some penies for a perfect pass, it will save a marriage/relationship and it will be one of the best upgrades you could do at this point, specially if you see yourself getting into surfing.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Everyone says that PP is good for your marriage. I'll be interested to see how hard it is for my wife to get somewhere in the vicinity of a good speed. I'm usually pretty easy to please. As for surfing, where I live my idea of surfing doesn't usually involve a boat. I think for now I'm going to focus on being stoked about my first real tow-boat. I'll worry about all the sport-specific extras much later. Thanks for everyone's input.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

Quote Originally Posted by jnb0y View Post
    Everyone says that PP is good for your marriage. I'll be interested to see how hard it is for my wife to get somewhere in the vicinity of a good speed. I'm usually pretty easy to please. As for surfing, where I live my idea of surfing doesn't usually involve a boat. I think for now I'm going to focus on being stoked about my first real tow-boat. I'll worry about all the sport-specific extras much later. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Just get the PP, it's the best investment you can make. Then anyone can drive the boat and it keeps everyone happy...Trust us, you get really spoiled with the constant speed but the driver has less to worry about. They just need to avoid hitting things and can still watch whats going on without having to look down at the speedo...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I totally get it, PP is rad. I just need to catch my breath before I start shopping accessories like that. BTW, I have been on their website before, what system are people without PP buying and installing? Stargazer? What would this boat have come with new?
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

I totally get it, PP is rad. I just need to catch my breath before I start shopping accessories like that. BTW, I have been on their website before, what system are people without PP buying and installing? Stargazer? What would this boat have come with new?
    Sorry forgot how much a new PP setup is..

You can go the stargazer route, my boat came with a "WakeBoard Pro 6.5 perfect pass" if you're handy I'd look for a used one or a new old stock one may be cheaper, http://www.perfectpass.com/?q=manuals they don't sell the older model anymore.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

No I hear ya... a boat purchase is pretty heavy. I lasted about 1 month before I HAD to get PP (I put the Star Gazer Wake Edition in my Outback LSV). It was almost a must for me and it has worked flawlessly. PP even replaced a bad servo at no additional cost to me and also sent instructions on how to repair the old servo, pretty rad customer service! I was just trying to lead you in the right direction of one of the first upgrades you should do if you plan to do any type of upgrading.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

I'm here because I want opinions, no need to apologize for giving them.

My first priority 'upgrade' will actually be an extension on the bimini to cover the whole cockpit. My wife and I really like shade and even more so when the kids are on board.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

I forgot to ask, do all of your boats have cleats on the deck? This boat has no way to tie up to a dock other than wrap a rope around the tower or the ski pylon. Was this an option or something? Seller picked this boat out of a dealer's inventory so he got what he got. They never went anywhere with a dock so never worried about it. Seems strange to me.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV