Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Looking at 2002 Outback LSV

I'm going to be taking a close look at a 2002 Outback LSV with 192 hours in a few days and was wondering if there is anything you experienced Moomba owners could tell me. Anything to look out for? Known issues? He is the original owner and its garage kept. He's asking $19,500.

I'm also wondering if this is the right boat to be looking at. My crew is a mix of long time casual slalom skiers (no buoys) and wake boarders looking to improve their game. Is this boat a good multi-sport boat?

I have a Mobius 2004 V-drive and love it. The price looks to be in the right ballpark. That is very low hours for an 02 model. I would be asking questions about the maintenance. How are the seats/vinyl? Sounds lie a good boat for your purposes.
    2004 Mobius LSV

that is a good multi sport boat, had a 03 myself
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Great boat. Can you post a pic or two for us? Low hours is usually a sign of one of two things. One possibility is it was kept inside, maintained and just hardly ever used (like the kids grew up and got busy and the use went down to nothing). The other is neglect. It broke or something and sat out and was just neglected because they didn't fix it. It should be very easy to tell which thing it is. If it's the first one, that's the boat you want. If it's the second one, you may still want it but get it at a huge discount and be ready to do some serious work (you'll end up spending just as much as you will on the nicer one).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input. I'll be looking at this boat on Monday (Feb 3). From the sounds of things he has run out of time. His kids are school age and everyone is in some club sport. He says its garage kept and the pictures look like it. I tried to upload some pictures but it isn't working so hopefully you can see the pictures at the attached link. Its my first 'tow' boat but I've been around boats of all kinds my whole life so hopefully it won't be too hard to spot trouble.

I'll post up what happens next.

https://www.box.com/s/whzyxr83y57hc6pnxza2

EDIT: BTW, those pictures are from the ad.
    Last edited by jnb0y; 02-01-2013 at 04:23 PM.

looks like a nice very clean boat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yes, that was my impression of the pictures too.

I've been looking casually for almost a year at Malibu's, MC, Tige, all over the board. This one seems like one of the best values I've seen if everything is at it seems.

Uh, buy it before someone else does. One thing about someone who's been watching for that length of time-- you know what's out there. This is probably THE ONE. Good luck to you.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Agreed. And thanks. I think this one is the one and am sure I will buy it if everything is in order. It kills me to have to wait until Monday, but his schedule is full. Hopefully that means he isn't showing it anyone else ahead of me.

Going to look at the boat in a few hours and I was wondering what everyone's take is on a test drive. Seems like a no brainer to do a test drive but the nearest place to test is is about 30 miles away and we will have to do it another day. Anyone have any suggestion that is fair to buyer and seller to hold the boat contingent on a test drive? I was thinking of offering the seller a deposit to take the ad down and consider it sold until the test drive date. Non refundable in the event of me not liking the boat, maybe figure something else out in the event of mechanical failure? This is all assuming everything looks good in his driveway, of course. He seemed open to a test drive when I talked to him as long as he knew I was serious.

I really don't know, I'm open to suggestions. Or would you guys just pay and tow away?