Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I thought they were the same. The change to the newer hull was in 2006. I didn't think they changed much for a couple of years.

Edit: Look at this page:

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=30440

Or this one:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1237693061

This one shows it the best, if this is an '07. They are different.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-Lsv-101882519
    Last edited by kaneboats; 02-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Big Idea, need a little help though

Yep, I think the dash was updated in 08 with the white on black gauges which were a different size. Not sure that the key area where you're looking to mount the screen changed, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok i will have to just call the marina and have them put it on a rack for me to get in and look at. Thanks for looking and measuring for me everyone

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I work for Allen Bradley
    That says a lot right there. Think about all the I/O ports you have with the 830. Forget about just controlling the pumps you could control the whole boat plus your friends boat.

Stop watch for the flow is the fastest way to get the flow and saves you a few $$$$ in buying a inline flow meter that plugs into your PLC. I cannot wait to see your install how to.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I have decided to get down to business and start programming this ballast control touch screen and controller. I have a few screens developed now, I am planning on bringing the boat home in a few weeks and starting on the install. Sorry the screen shots are a little blurry but you will get the idea. I also made this so that anyone can use it on their boat independent of the types of pumps they have. On the one screen you can see where the user just needs to enter their flow rates (get a gallon jug and fill it up with their pump and add that time into the window)

Check out the screens and tell me what you think. Here is a link

http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/ch...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by chadjitsu1; 03-31-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Bringing the image over here;
    2013 Outback V

The bottom of the moomba board boats screen that says moomba actually is the top of the overview picture with the ballast bags. When I cut and pasted it, i cut it a little too far. Any feedback is welcome on these, thanks.

Also thanks Ian for moving them into this thread. I for some reason cannot attach a picture

Chad,
    Great work so far! I have been working on my own version and just saw this thread. I figured I’d share what I have been working on and later when complete provide a more descriptive write up.
    I am currently using:
    Arduino for the logic and a 3.2 inch touch screen for the user interface
    1 flow meter (for the final system it would require two per bag (1 in and 1out)$15-30 depending on size of pump)
    1 Reed Relay
    1 Auto Relay (final project 1 each per pump(reed relay converts logic level voltage to 12V)

This past weekend I ran a test with wires everywhere hooked up to my truck battery(12V) and fatsac on the floor of the garage. The flow meter was accurate to less than 5% filling 400lbs. My display currently shows a bar graph that displays % full, with a red level line that can be set. Below the bar graph it displays the total weight of the bag. If you press the top of the bar the level line increases and turns on the fill pump, when the water % on the bar graph reaches the level line the pump shuts off. Pressing the bottom of the bar graph the level line decreases and would turn on the empty pump however I only tested with the fill (and it worked very well). I’m still a ways out but I’ll post a video on here this weekend.

The amount of features would almost be endless but I plan on having a couple different screens:
    Main screen:
    3 bar graphs with weight of each bag and total weight
    Number of passengers
    Menu button

Menu Page:
    Buttons (manual weight input, max weight, empty, surf Left, surf right, number of passengers, settings, and reset)

Input Page:
    Numbers 0-9 and
    Enter, delete, cancel

Settings Page:
    Boat max weight
    Left Bag total weight
    Front bag total weight
    Right Bag total weight
    Avg. passenger weight (ex. 150 lbs)
    Auto fill % Rear (ex. 60%, leave 40% for the front)

Welcome any thoughts, comments, or critiques

Dug

^^pics?^^

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Jason, sorry sorta ran out of time this weekend. I linked a youtube video last week, however it was never posted. Here is a pic from the UI that is used to set each bag with the red line. IMG_0263.jpgIMG_0263.jpg
    The Dug
    2007 Mobius LSV