Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Big Idea, need a little help though

mastercraft.jpg

Ok I have a project going right now to add a touch screen in the LSV. I went to the Atlanta boat show a few weeks ago and saw the XStar ballast control screen. It is very basic but gives you the ability to control exact weight per bag. This can easily be done but I am wanting to get your thoughts on if you think it is better to have the touch screen do the control of the pumps or just have a monitor screen that tells you the weight per bag and still has you flip switches to fill and empty.

I have a little program written already to monitor but wonder if it would be better to control from the screen as well and totally do away with the switches. I can make it so there are preset values per rider and get really crazy with it but I am wondering if its going to be a big waste of my time.

Need a little feedback on this pro's and con's The picture here shows the MC ballast control screen. Let me know what you guys think. Is it important to know what weight you have in the bags or is it a waste of time.

That is awesome that you could pull this off. I'll be watching this thread.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Chad, thats awesome, i know you gave me a hint to the idea a while back but this is awesome.

Honestly i would go all out on the design and options, espeacially if you want to go the route me and you spoke about.

I would still leave the Switches and the option to use them.

This is what Supra did with the SA. This is why there is sooo many toggle switches, they are the backup to the screen. Also they are there if you have someone new in the boat and doesnt know how to use the screen they can just flip the switch.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

go for it, with the full on options
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

this might be worth a million bucks. gonna watch this thread closely

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Very cool idea - as for the actual weight given? I'd say if that is a difficult part to include it would be one of the first I would consider cutting out. Kind of like the "lie-o-meter" in your car telling you the current MPG. Don't really believe it most of the time.

If I've got 1100lb bags and it says, or looks like, they're 98% full, that's good enough for me.

Now can you port it over to be a smartphone app too???
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Percentage full and weight is going to be almost the same exact thing. Its just a different math formula in the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Very cool idea - as for the actual weight given? I'd say if that is a difficult part to include it would be one of the first I would consider cutting out. Kind of like the "lie-o-meter" in your car telling you the current MPG. Don't really believe it most of the time.

If I've got 1100lb bags and it says, or looks like, they're 98% full, that's good enough for me.

Now can you port it over to be a smartphone app too???

Gotcha. So do you setup or recalibrate for the different size of bags you are running?

I'm also in the camp of having both touch control and manual switches would be cool. Old school and New school.

And what about that bluetooth enabled smartphone app?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Getting a little crazy with the bluetooth thing, I don't have that level of knowledge. I am also thinking about running both switches and screen BUT the issue of where to put it still remains. I was thinking about putting it in the same spot as the switches. Anyone with any ideas would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Gotcha. So do you setup or recalibrate for the different size of bags you are running?

I'm also in the camp of having both touch control and manual switches would be cool. Old school and New school.

And what about that bluetooth enabled smartphone app?

The one thing that's holding me back a little is the are where I'm going to mount the thing. I dont know exactly where I should put it. I have an option of a 3, 4, or 6 inch screen. If I go with the 3 inch it is a black and white screen and more than likely will just be to monitor whats going on. If I go with the 4 or 6 inch screen then its harder to find a good place for it but I can go with a fully auto ballast system where I can select ski, surf left, surf right, or wakeboard and have it automatically fill to my pre-selected weights. I started on one of the screens on my own mocking what the others have done.

I am having a really hard time posting pictures I cant figure out why I can attach one to this thread. I have a picture of a screen that I already made for the main screen