Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Oh you've got to be kidding me.

I just finished fishing the wire up both sides, soldered and heat shrunk the connections, and found out the Exile speaker clamp does not fit on the starboard side. WTF? Of course when I test fit, I only put the port side speaker on. I wasn't aware the tower was not identical on the sides.

Suggestions?
    If you are having fit problems with Exile Clamps, or any problem with Exile Clamps get me pictures and what your problem is, i can help you get it resolved ASAP.

Im not aware of any issues with the new towers and Exile clamps. I know the new towers are a slightly smaller diameter then the prievious years towers but they are still biger then the Outback tower diameter and Exile has speacial clamps for those towers also.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Dev,
    Round tower tubes will distort and become more oval in shape as you encounter a bend radius. Is it this or are you wedged in a corner or something else?

David

There's no problem with the Exile clamps or the shape of the tower. It's more that I am being wedged into a corner by the factory holes and am trying to avoid drilling more. I'll take a few pics in about an hour.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Dev

Ian,

My tower has a small gap just outside of where yours are mounted. This is where the holes were originally drilled and the reason I am having trouble. They are not symmetrical.

I know the answer is going to be drill a hole and move it to the inside, i'm just delaying the inevitable.

Ian,

My tower has a small gap just outside of where yours are mounted. This is where the holes were originally drilled and the reason I am having trouble. They are not symmetrical.

I know the answer is going to be drill a hole and move it to the inside, i'm just delaying the inevitable.
    On a lighter note, you can get caps at the Home Depot to put in the tower holes, paint them black and they will be pretty invisable to the common eye.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Dev,
    Exactly from centerline of the existing hole to centerline of the new hole, what will the offset need to be?
    Is there as chance that the collar width will cover the existing hole?

David

. They are not symmetrical.

noticed that on mine too--not being symmetrical

try not to make swiss cheese out of the tower
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Not possible, i'm going to have to jump to the other side of a pole. This is how it's set up right now (factory drilled holes)

The side that fits:

Attachment 16758Attachment 16759Attachment 16760

anddd the side that doesn't:

Attachment 16761

As you can see there's a pretty large gap because the clamp won't fit in the space.

I'll probably just move it to the inside where Ian's are, and put the grommets back in these holes. Unless anyone has a different solution for me.

LOL moombadaze, no swiss cheese here, I haven't actually drilled any holes yet.

i tried for the same spot myself--not even close to fitting-just like your one side.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Did you just jump the bar to and move it inside? I really wish it would have fit there!