Default Audio upgrade - am I missing anything?

Hello,

I bought a new 2012 LSV last week and am hoping to upgrade the audio sometime soon. Having only four cabin speakers powered by the deck makes me cringe. This is my first marine install so I do feel a little bit overwhelmed.

List so far-

Clarion EQS746 - I think I will have to split one signal for the cabins and use the other for the tower?
    Kicker ZXM700.5 - cabin amp for stock kicker speakers and sub
    Kicker Solo-Baric S12L34
    Sub box- I'm building one
    Xscorpion CB200L - 200amp breaker inline to the distro
    Tsunami TSDB-8021 - (2) power and ground distro
    2 Exile XM9, with Harpoon amplifier
    RCA's
    Various speaker/power wire/connectors
    Second battery, BW R3098 relay, Battery box

Does it look like i've overlooked anything? Any suggestions?

Also, I havent had a chance to really look at it but my stock 1 battery system has a Blue seas battery switch (only options are 1 and off). Would it be alright to leave this intact and just install the isolator after the switch?

Thanks,

Proud new boat owner

Congrats on the LSV, make sure and post a photo or 2 of it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

yes, same here

Welcome, you are certainly on the right track.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Miscwtf,

EQ: If you are just looking for zone control, then check out the Kicker ZXM-RLC. add in the Kicker bass knob and you now have 3 independent zones. Its also a line driver and build for the marine world.

Amps: Good choices power wise, but I would suggest looking into more efficiant Class-D or Class-G/H amps. Your house battery will last longer at the same volume level. The Kicker IX1000.5 will deliver 75W rms to each of your in-boats and 500w rms to your 4 ohm dvc L3 12. For the tower, something like the Arc Audio KS600.2, which will deliver 300W to each of your 4 tower pods. Or the JL HD750/1 delivering just shy of 190W to each.

battery bank: Yes, you could add in a diode type isolater, leaving the basic ON/OFF switch intact.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

MLA-

The only reason I added an EQ into the mix was my stock headunit has 2 preout's that are 2V. I thought I would have trouble with quality splitting a 2V out. Can I strike the EQ from my list and be alright?

Amplifiers - Is it OK to use the car amplifier in a boat? Also, I might stick to my original choices because of price. I'm already looking way over budget here and the Arc amp you suggested is a few hundred more than the Exile when you factor in the tower package.

My boat-

miscwtf,
    One very strong sugesstion.
    At this late date in amplifier evolution I would go with 100 percent Class D amplification. Why?
    Much smaller footprint.
    One quarter of the heat generated at the same level of current draw.
    60 percent more efficient. Longer playtime. Shallower cycles are healthier for batteries, even consumer grade deep cycle.
    Less supply voltage sag at any comparable current draw which translates to more available output power.
    There is no discernable sound quality difference between the better Class AB and the better Class D amplifiers.

David

I would replace the battery switch with once where you can select each battery individually or combine the batteries, blue sea and perko each make one for around or less than $50. Might as well do it now if you think you may want to add it in the future. If you can fit it in the budget I would think about adding a shore charger. Having not had one for a few years and now having one, I love the peace of mind it gives me when I head out to the lake knowing both of my batteries are fully charged, it will also extend the life of your batteries.
    http://www.starmarinedepot.com/ProMa...FUeRPAodp2UA2Q
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV