Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mother's products/service

No affiliation, just want to share a positive experience...

I have REALLY bad water spots on my van windows. Our last house had hard, acidic water (more acidic than Coke!), and after years of washing, not drying (at least not well) and sitting in the sun, they wouldn't come off no matter what I tried (even steel wool). So when I saw Mother's came out with a new product, water spot remover for glass, I was super excited and went to their site and purchased a bottle (along with a bottle of marine vinyl protectant/cleaner).

I tried putting it on with a rag, and it barely touched it Read the instructions further and it said to try it with a powerball for stubborn spots. It polished it a little, but it still didn't do anything to the water spots.. Needless to say, I was really bummed. So I emailed their customer service asking if they had any other ideas:

Hello.

I purchased some of the water spot remover for glass from you, having had great experiences with your products previously. My '06 Chevy Express 3500 has really bad water spots on the windows, and it is especially noticeable on the tinted windows. Where we lived previously had very acidic water at first, and then we got a filter and it was hard but neutral then.

Unfortunately your product didn't touch my water spots...It makes the glass nice and smooth feeling, like a freshly waxed car, but the spots are still just as visible. I tried applying by hand with a microfiber rag like it says on the bottle, and also tried with a powerball. Nothing touches them... I tried SnoBol, Totally Awesome, Turtlewax Bug & Tar remover, and a couple other "chemical" waxes/polishes. I was told regular car wax will scratch glass, although I'm not sure if that is true?

Any ideas on what could work? I'm really tired of these spots. They've gotta go!

Thanks,

Ryan Kelbey
    Last edited by rc5695; 01-23-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

they replied asking for the product code, so i obliged, and got this back:

I'm sending another bottle -- be sure to shake it well before use -- and use it with the blue PowerBall 4Lights polishing tool I'm sending.

Use our Glass Cleaner afterwards, and that is also included.

Try it in a test area off to a corner and let me know how you make out.

Thanks,
    Jim D.

After 8 hours of polishing between Sunday and last night, the windows are now spot free. And not only did his package include all that he said, he also included a small bottle of wash, wax, and vinyl protectant!!!

Thanks Jim and Mother's !!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Love a feel good story. Hard to come by nowadays

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

cool.

wonder how they are going to react when about 38 people write them about stubborn water spots on their van windows?

I've already emailed Jim D

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

8 hours of buffing? Dang, you must have really despised those spots. Then again, I guess a 32ft van does have few more windows...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I was thinking the same think that 8 hours is a long time. Hell I would have looked at replacing the glass before spending that much time.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I thought creepy old guys in vans wanted the windows hazey, the candy sweet, and the children young.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

bunch of funny guys on here. lol.

I'm just old, not so much creepy yet...or maybe it is the other way around? Lol.

Yes, LOTS of glass, and since it is all tinted, they showed bad! It sucks being a perfectionist... I've attached a crappy pic for last year. The windows on the other side don't have the breaks for the doors, it is glass from the front door to the rear.
    van.jpg
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

That's more glass than I have on my house (it's mostly aluminum like everybody else on this side of my park).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!