Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Trailer

Hybrid View

Default Boat Trailer

We just purchased a new 2013 Mobius LSV at the Nashville boat show. The boat comes standard with a single axle trailer (spare tire and mount not included). We trailer our boat to a variety of lakes in TN, KY, and AL because we like to visit different lakes rather than keep it in a slip on one lake. Most of the lakes we travel to are less than 100 miles one-way but we do go to a couple of lakes that are about 150 miles one-way. I'm just wondering if the single axle trailer will be fine or if I should consider a tandem axle trailer instead? The boat dealership has told me the tandem trailer would be an additional $1,200.00 and $500.00 for a spare tire and a side mount (which I think is a little steep price wise for the spare/mount). Any suggestions from others that have a similar sized boat/trailer would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.

Default Boat Trailer

welcome.

pics of boat?

I have a single axle and wish I had the double. sounds like you will tow a lot so if it's still an option I would go with the double axle. wouldn't waste my money on the extra rim thou, you can get that thru other means for a lot less money

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Thanks for the reply Jason. I'm still on the fence about the tandem trailer but am kinda leaning that way. I was thinking the same about the spare tire as well but may need them to weld the spare tire mount on for me.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Lake, Sun, Cold Beer = Moomba Time: Life is Good

I'll have to download some pics and add 'em.
    2013 Mobius LSV

go tandem. absolutely. we are really looking at upgrade to the new LSV. congrats!
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Thanks. After reading a few of the responses I will definitely upgrade to the tandem axle now.
    2013 Mobius LSV

I have decided to get the tandem trailer. Thanks for the info.
    2013 Mobius LSV

Boat Pic 1.jpg

Here's a pic of the boat. A couple of tower speakers will be added and I will likely upgrade to the tandem axle trailer.
    2013 Mobius LSV

Is that the same black one they had at the boat show? if so, I can vouch it looks even better in person. I drooled while looking at your boat, but I didn't drool inside of it . . . if you are going to trailer it that much I would definitely get the tandem trailer. I almost had a blow out on the interstate with a single axel recently and that would not have been pretty. At the same time, if you are like me eventually you will settle at a lake because towing to Center Hill, Dale Hollow, even Old Hick can get pretty old pretty quick. Congrats on the new boat!

Yes, it is the one at the boat show. We are really fired up and can't wait to get it out on the lake. I did decide to go with the tandem trailer but it may take a few extra weeks for it to get to the dealership. It's weird though how these new boats do not come with a spare tire or even a spare tire mount on the trailer. I mean they cost enough as it is then you have to pay more just for a spare tire and mount. Oh well, life goes on.
    2013 Mobius LSV