Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default SA 550 Surf Video

Looks like a solid wave to me

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Camera can do funny things LOL. They arnt saying how mcuh weight is in the boat, or how many people.

Also if you watch him cutting up and down the wave really isnt that big. Also pay attention how close he is to the boat all the time, hes pretty close.

Mind the type of board hes on, its not a traditional wake surf board, its more of an Ocean surf board.

Yes the SA can do surf, as well as almost any V drive on the market when you weight it.

The point is its not that good of a wave when you consider 90+K price tag.
    For that kind of money you can get a fare supirior surf minded boat.
    For 30G less you can get a seriously better surf boat and still be in the family.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I gotta agree with Dusty, looks pretty sick to me. I think that would work for my skill level and anyone else in my crew

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    I gotta agree with Dusty, looks pretty sick to me. I think that would work for my skill level and anyone else in my crew

sent from my home phone
    Im not trying to chit on the SA, i love the boat, but i surfed that wave. Its not even as good and an LSV wave. If anything its comperable but even that is pushing it. I felt the LSV wave with a 750 in the rear and a 400 in the ski locker was just as good as the SA completly sacked with 7 adults.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

It looks pretty good in the video. I'll bet they will find a decent setup where that wake is passable. But, it may never have the surf wake of a properly set up Mojo.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Im not trying to chit on the SA, i love the boat, but i surfed that wave. Its not even as good and an LSV wave. If anything its comperable but even that is pushing it. I felt the LSV wave with a 750 in the rear and a 400 in the ski locker was just as good as the SA completly sacked with 7 adults.
    sweet!!! that makes me feel great about being an LSV owner

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

The vid catches a glimpse of the bow and you can see a half way full bow sack on top of the cushions.

FWIW - if I were in the market for an SA, it damn sure wouldn't be because I wanted a surf minded boat. I'd be looking at it for wake boarding, but this video would however demonstrate that it could throw a wave that with some additional sacks (like every other boat there is) could hold it's own when we were ready to surf.

Let's save the camera angle comments. 90% of the photos and videos on the web that we all sit and stare and and debate over are from the exact same angle. As keyboard quarterbacks, that angle is all we have to call the shot for comparing every single boat we talk about.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    The vid catches a glimpse of the bow and you can see a half way full bow sack on top of the cushions.

FWIW - if I were in the market for an SA, it damn sure wouldn't be because I wanted a surf minded boat. I'd be looking at it for wake boarding, but this video would however demonstrate that it could throw a wave that with some additional sacks (like every other boat there is) could hold it's own when we were ready to surf.

Let's save the camera angle comments. 90% of the photos and videos on the web that we all sit and stare and and debate over are from the exact same angle. As keyboard quarterbacks, that angle is all we have to call the shot for comparing every single boat we talk about.
    I agree with all that you say man i do.
    I can say after seeing a lot of boats waves in person in the last year, not nearly all look as good in person as video makes them out to be.

Thats why its all advertising right LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ya'll cray ... I'm sure the SA is fine to solid.

I can tell you one thing ... the wakeboard wake is a different level than any of the previous skiers models I have been on.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I took that the sa was like the xstar- a world class wakeboard wave that can, when asked, produce a decent surfwave, but it was designed first and foremost as a wakeboard boat, and anyone that is looking for a surf-specific boat would be better off looking at a different boat. similarly that you don't really ever see people raving about the wakeboard wake behind an enzo. good, not great.

the waves look decent in the vid, but watching it on the intrawebs and actually seeing it and riding it in person are 2 different stories..
    my .02 fwiw
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten