Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rookie went to boat show: HELP v. LSV

LOL
    The wife and stepson fell in love with an LSV.
    We live on beautiful Lake Guntersville. Stepson is 19.

We have owned a Fish/Ski, a pontoon and a waverunner along with the standard jon boat.
    We really liked the boat. I just worry it is too much boat for a group that has never owned an all out ski boat. Stepson does love to knee board and I believe he would like to surf and wake.

Thoughts? Be honest. Jumping in too deep? The dealer wants to set up a time to bring one out to play with.
    If we go all in, please suggest options for 42 year old rookies.

If you own all those other boat/watercraft an inboard wake boat seem like the next step in the process. You already have knowledge about boats and being out on lakes. Others have said that they were glad when they made the jump from a regular I/O to a boat such as Moomba. I would definately consider it if it is on your want list. I would not be concerned of being overwhelmed.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I think the LSV is about the perfectly sized boat. Big enough for large family/crew and still able to be garage kept.

your stepson will be able to do all the water sports with the stock boat, and with a few ballast upgrades there will be no reason to upgrade the boat as his abilities improve.

options, now that is a tough one. some of the items I got that im really happy about were the upgraded surf motor, bow speakers, bimini top, logo snapin carpet, depth finder, double axle trailer, swivel tounge .

one option i really wish i had not cheaped on was the torsion axles-so much quieter.

if you take a ride let us know your thoughts
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

thanks guys
    the boat at the show had the bow cushion, pop up cleats, swivel wakeboard holders, prop upgrade, cooler, bimini, bow speakers and amp, depth finder, dual batteries and a few graphic options refunded since it was at a show

You will fall in love with the LSV. Go for it!

Just get a few pointers on reverse and docking since there is no steering control in reverse. The stern will want to kick to the right in reverse. Not a problem just a learning experience with an inboard. After a few times it becomes second nature.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

just do it, you'll have no regrets. well maybe one.... if ya buy it your 19 year old son may NEVER leave home. not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    You will fall in love with the LSV. Go for it!

Just get a few pointers on reverse and docking since there is no steering control in reverse. The stern will want to kick to the right in reverse. Not a problem just a learning experience with an inboard. After a few times it becomes second nature.
    good to know, this will be my first v drive or inboard period experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    just do it, you'll have no regrets. well maybe one.... if ya buy it your 19 year old son may NEVER leave home. not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

sent from my home phone
    his life plan is to get an RV and put it on our land closer to the lake, LOL

smart kid!!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

so he could theoretically learn to surf behind this boat?