Default 2004 mobius XLV Grav Games

I found one Im thinking about buying. Any thoughts on this boat? I have an older Supra now but want a newer and bigger boat. Anything to look for when buying?

Default 2004 mobius XLV Grav Games

Maintenance records always tops my list. Low hours and crap maintenance is worse than high hours and great maintenance, IMO. Post up some more info & pics and we'll help you out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would say the overall conversation and how the boat looks. having that conversation with the owner, you will sense the condition. to wolfe's point above, maintenance records are nice, but with my old supra, I didn't keep records as I did it all myself, but for an '06, there was one small tear in the upholstry and 2 small scratches in the gel, otherwise the boat showed spotless. seeing that should indicate a boat owner that takes care of his gear. I've ridden in some boats close to the same year that are faded, torn and just overall beat up. that would be a dealbreaker to me.

look at a few and you will see quickly ones that have been maintained with some pride in ownership and ones that have not.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The boat is in excellent condition, the owner is a friend of mine. So i know its in great shape. About 550 hrs. main question is has anybody had any major problems with this model.?

I have an 04 XLV with 550+ hours on it, with no problems ( Knock on Wood ). Love the boat and its perfect for what we use it for. Which is usually surfing every weekend out here in Vegas. I would just go through the electronics on it, if I remember right I had some electric issues, probably because of all the speaker upgrades I have done lol
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

Another Member has an 05 i have been in a few times, Streetch <Eric> and its a awesome boat. He had to go through the balast and all normal wear items but it think hes in the 500 hour range as well.

As long as the boat has been taken care off, you can expect a G in wear parts upgrades. At least i would replace the below items before taking her out for a weekend.

Batteries
    Spark plugs
    spark plug cables, cap and rotor
    oil, filter
    trans fluid
    Impeller
    Hoses
    Belt
    Engine mounts mainly the drivers side mount
    have engine V drive and shaft alignment checked
    fuel filter, any rubber fuel lines
    Trailer, brake lines flushes and bleed
    Wheel bearing cleaned, regreesed if they are servicable type
    Possible new trailer tires if they are more then 2 summers old

After that i know all normal wear items are new, and any other problems you encounter are just wore out items due to milage.

i do simular minor overhauls as i like to think of them when i buy used trucks, or cars.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]