Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

With the low freeboard on the boomerang, is it possibly to even hang a barefoot boom off the side? Maybe a larger boat would be a better fit....maybe. I was only talking about using the rear ski hook for casual skiing and tubing. I ski very hard, never had a chance to use a course, but have been told I am ready for it. So when I ski it's always with the bear minimum of people/weight in the boat. Now I seen the gekko gts 20 too! Wow, sexy! I only have $9k saved and "sold" my pontoon for 2500 but the guy can't pay me till his tax return comes. So can't do a lot right now as far as the more expensive boats go. Also have my Larson xl-5 for sale. We shall see.

Default Re: Need slalom boat, kanga or boomerang

Remember you can a lot more boat for the money in the winter, cash in hand can get you a better deal..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

A Barefoot International boom works great on the Boomerang. Plenty of speed too!

I think I am giving in to a lot of you guys advice with now looking at open bow boats. But may not even be a moomba anymore. Been really liking the gekko gtr 22. And they sell for cheaper used. Even for a 2002-2008 they can be found for under $20k. We shall see. Plenty of God awfull winter left here in good ole' WI, so no rush on my end.

Just remember the good ones go first.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just so you know . the Gecko GTS 20 is the same hull as the Boomerang and Gecko GTR 22 is basically Moomba Outback. Basically same boats but Geckos have the swim platform integrated.
    Mark Oberly...owner of Gecko started from Moomba ,originally ,hence similarities etc. Nice boats, very similar ,including prices as new. I have a buddy who was the local Gecko rep at the time we were looking to get into a new boat.

One Big drawback to the integrated swim platform ,was it acts like a SCOOP at times , when coming to a stop from speed ,needing a slight throttle Burp to keep from scooping a big wash of water,otherwise very nice Similar boats.
    07 Outback DD

If skiing is the overall game plan you cannot beat the Outback for the money IMHO. Tons of storage, tons of seating and really good wakes. I really do not think there is another boat with more space that has wakes which have been tournament approved for slalom. If wakeboarding or surfing are part of the game plan a V drive is probably preferred. My little babies have grown into teenagers and they now bring their friends. The Outback has never failed me for space power or excellent wakes. As you can probably tell I'm a bit biased. I would love a closed bow tow boat but its impractical with 3 kids. Outback doesnt give anything up over those boats from my perspective. Ive skied alot behind the Prostar 190 great boat and slightly softer wakes but the Outback definitely holds its own even at shortline.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland