Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Need slalom boat, kanga or boomerang

My wife and I are looking seriously to get a nice ski boat ($12,000 or less). I have always liked moomba's. been looking at a lot of boomerangs, but came across the kanga now and am wondering what the slalom wake is like? Any info or experience would be great to know. Thanks in advance. Zach J.

Boomerang was Moomba's first attempt at a ski boat. It was entry level in features, but was very light weight. The slalom wake is supposed to be near nothing. I haven't heard about tracking or other issues. I know very little about the Kanga.

IMO, you can get into many different slalom boats for your price range. I would look for a boat with a long history and high numbers of production. Parts for the older moombas won't be as easy to find as for MC, Bu, or CC. I would also look at MC PS 190s, Sportstars, PS 205, Bu Response and Sportsters, and CC 196/206. All are great slalom boats.

Good luck in your search.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Last edited by kaneboats; 01-18-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my buddy has a boomerang and it is an amazing slalom boat. 32mph has almost 0 wake. turns on a dime. he skis at 35-36 and when driving, i can feel the boat moving a little when he cuts hard, but otherwise, it's a real stable platform.
    I thought the kanga was the replacement for the 'rang and came with an open bow and a few ft in length, but basically the same boat..

parts are getting a little hard to find, but lots of aftermarket pieces to make it work and the engines are a basic ford/pcm 351 block.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks for the replys, and I know there are other boats I can get in my price range, but I would rather buy a newer (1995-2002) moomba for that price instead of a older mastercraft. Looking at a 2001 kanga now with the 330hp mpi engine in it. And def like the closed bow boats much more, just looks so much better in my opinion.

closed bow will be lighter, but if you are mainly using it for slalom and use the center pylon, you are limited on passenger counts. the open bow will allow you an extra skier or 2 and not be sitting on top of each other. not sure if you have kids, but seems the general consensus is an open bow is a better family boat as well. that can sometimes keep the CEO of the house happy
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Need slalom boat, kanga or boomerang

You could ship one up from GA

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/boa/3428968570.html

Or, this one

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/3556534787.html

Or, this one! Price point is a bit high, but it looks nice.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/bar/3414366153.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am fine with traveling a few hundred miles or shipping one, but no big bulky wake towers. First, it has to fit in my garage, and next I just like the traditional look of an inboard without the rack. No offense to the wakeboard guys with the huge racks, just not my style.

You can always take the tower off , leave the holders for future resale or use
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

DOCDRS, thanks, I did not know it was so easy to remove.