Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasti Dip

Default Plasti Dip

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    no way will you need 4-6 cans for your letters. I have done 3 emblems (4-6 coats each), a skate board ( 3 coats) and the 4 light covers (4 coats) and i still have about a quarter of a can left. it goes a long way

sent from my home phone
    Planning on running by Home Depot tomorrow after church to pick up a couple cans and hopefully trying this tomorrow. I'll post up some pics if I'm able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Default Plasti Dip

Best advise I can give Erik is clean the surface with windex and apply a very light first coat. Almost so light that it doesn't cover your decal very much. Let it dry 15-20 mins and apply second coat a tad bit thicker, so forth and so on till you get to your desired look, prolly 4-5 coats, each coat that you apply add it on a little thicker. Shake can real good and stay about 6 inches away while spraying. First time I did it and messed up I got to close and sprayed to heavy thus getting a drip like look. 6 inches and light coats. NO WORRIES thou cause if you mess it up it comes off real easy. Give me a call if you need any verbal help!

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Best advise I can give Erik is clean the surface with windex and apply a very light first coat. Almost so light that it doesn't cover your decal very much. Let it dry 15-20 mins and apply second coat a tad bit thicker, so forth and so on till you get to your desired look, prolly 4-5 coats, each coat that you apply add it on a little thicker. Shake can real good and stay about 6 inches away while spraying. First time I did it and messed up I got to close and sprayed to heavy thus getting a drip like look. 6 inches and light coats. NO WORRIES thou cause if you mess it up it comes off real easy. Give me a call if you need any verbal help!

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    That right thar sounds like a 6 pack of beer job. A 12 pack if you do each side seperatly LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Plasti Dip

Yeah that DID NOT happen today. I underestimated the tediousness of taping the letters off. I was an hour into taping and only had about half of the first side done. Patience is not one of the things I was blessed with and I think it would be best to spray these before they are stuck on the boat. Wish I had thought of this last summer when I got the letters replaced.

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Default Plasti Dip

no brother, shouldn't have taken you that long. some long stripes of blue painter tape around the letters than cover up a bit around for the over spray. but even with over spray it comes right off with a wet microfiber towel. don't let it intimidate ya kid!!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Plasti Dip

no brother, shouldn't have taken you that long. some long stripes of blue painter tape around the letters than cover up a bit around for the over spray. but even with over spray it comes right off with a wet microfiber towel. don't let it intimidate ya kid!!

sent from my home phone
    You forgetting about all the intricacies between letters and spaces inside the O's and B's. I'm a perfectionist so that is part of the problem...

Tow Rig:

Default Plasti Dip

you don't tape around around the letters thou. just tape a box around the letters and spray the whole thing. them with a tooth pick you peel around/between the letters. when you peel the plasti away it will peel off the letters then you tooth pick in between letters. let me try and find the video, may make more sense that way

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Plasti Dip

Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Plasti Dip

Well that seems much easier. I'll try it again then...

Tow Rig:

Default Plasti Dip

Picked up an can and dipped my company car emblems.

Cool stuff!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358796500.572324.jpg
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there