Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Plasti Dip

Think they turned out alright...

2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I just spent about an hour reading through this entire thread, still haven't found my answer haha. Is there anyone that has tried to plasti dip their stock flat vinyl decals??? Or does anyone think it's possible?

2005 Mobius LSV 5.7 Indmar 325 (carb'd)
    Wet Sounds: SW-650 coaxial speakers [x6] Rev10 tower speakers [x2] SYN4 amp [x2] SYN Micro amp [x1] JL Audio 12W3 [x1]
    Many mods to come...
    Board: '12 Ronix One ATR & '12 Ronix One Danny Harf Bindings
    2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: Rough Country 3x2 lift \ 32" Nitto Trail Grapplers \ 18" Incubus wheels

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    I just spent about an hour reading through this entire thread, still haven't found my answer haha. Is there anyone that has tried to plasti dip their stock flat vinyl decals??? Or does anyone think it's possible?
    Are you referring to the graphics on the side of the boat?

I have not seen anyone on this forum post anything like that. The way plasti dip work is it covers a section, and then the edges of said section is where it will peel. If you tried to Plasti Dip the side vinyl on your boat you would just end up with a black out line of the vinyl.

If you goal is to cover them up then just remove them. Use a high temp hair dryer, or a heat gun on low with 2-3 ft of distance, heat it and start rolling it off the edges. Lots of threads from people doing this. I even did this on my 08 LSV. We call it going Naked.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Plasti Dip

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Are you referring to the graphics on the side of the boat?

I have not seen anyone on this forum post anything like that. The way plasti dip work is it covers a section, and then the edges of said section is where it will peel. If you tried to Plasti Dip the side vinyl on your boat you would just end up with a black out line of the vinyl.

If you goal is to cover them up then just remove them. Use a high temp hair dryer, or a heat gun on low with 2-3 ft of distance, heat it and start rolling it off the edges. Lots of threads from people doing this. I even did this on my 08 LSV. We call it going Naked.
    Wishful thinking I guess. I've been searching the forum a lot on what to do about my decals. I dont want to pay $400+ for OEM. I'd really like to buy some for each side of the hull that say Moomba instead of Mobius, in the new font. I just can't seem to find a good site to order from. I don't even need them to be 3d like the new ones, just regular vinyl. I'm about to get my boat detailed and I plan on removing the current decals

Wet Sounds: SW-650 coaxial speakers [x6] Rev10 tower speakers [x2] SYN4 amp [x2] SYN Micro amp [x1] JL Audio 12W3 [x1]
    Many mods to come...
    2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: Rough Country 3x2 lift \ 32" Nitto Trail Grapplers \ 18" Incubus wheels

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Wishful thinking I guess. I've been searching the forum a lot on what to do about my decals. I dont want to pay $400+ for OEM. I'd really like to buy some for each side of the hull that say Moomba instead of Mobius, in the new font. I just can't seem to find a good site to order from. I don't even need them to be 3d like the new ones, just regular vinyl. I'm about to get my boat detailed and I plan on removing the current decals
    Send a PM to Trayson, he had a lot of Vinyl done on his Supra, I'm sure he can connect you with a guy who makes them in Moomba font and you can replace them.

I used a lot of new Vinyl on my LSV that had Exile Logos and stuff, just apply like a sticker and they lasted 3 summers until I sold the boat.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Awesome, thanks for the help!

Many mods to come...

hit up a local sign and/or tint shop! I'm in the boonies and there are quite a few here that can do it. Get a file with the moomba font (some members can email it to you) and see what they charge to fab you up some. Might be alot more economical than you think

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I actually just emailed a couple shops today. Waiting to hear back on a price. I just really don't like the mobius decal with the tribal symbol

Many mods to come...

What about these guys? I used them last year for my reg. numbers
    http://shop.domednumbers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    What about these guys? I used them last year for my reg. numbers
    http://shop.domednumbers.com/
    Those guys make legit letters and numbers but if you price out the ones for the side of your boat, your 135+ per side. Not as Expensive as the factory, might be a good deal. I love the reg numbers I got from them. Maybe I will get my Moomba and Mojo 2.5 done and see how it comes out.

They don't have Moomba listed as a Side decal, I just emailed them to see if they can do them in MOOMBA as right now they only listed Supra.
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-14-2015 at 09:41 AM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]