Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New member! Buying a Moomba! Need advice please!

I live in michigan and have been boarding for a little while with a normal 18' open bow with a tower. i out grew that and have been boarding behind my buddies 03 mobius ls for a year and now his supra 21v. i would like to upgrade and have around 30k to spend.
    my two options as of right now are
    http://www.nisswamarine.com/default....OwnedInventory

and

http://www.clubroyale.net/new_vehicl...09&pov=4237121

obviously one is an 06 and the other an 09. i love to board and also wakesurf. they both have the stock gravity III ballast system. are the hulls different? what do you think of the prices? obviously the cheaper the better, hence the 2006.

thanks for everyones info and hope to be buying one of these this weekend! Thanks!

I would lean more towards the 09 OBV because it does have a different hull then the 06. Also the 09 is going to have new systems on it.

Price wise the 09 is a little over priced, Solid 30K is really whats its worth. The LSV would be a better choice if you can find one in your price point, Look for 06 up LSVs they have deeper seating which makes it more comfortable for taller people all day, more room in the boat being 21.5
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey, just between you and me and keep our voices down. You already outgrew the boat you were running and you are looking at an OBV? Why not jump to one of the top selling wakeboats in the history of boating? If you are not considering the LSV you are selling yourself short. Have a look at this one (worth the ride):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hite-300-Hours

Don't sell yourself short. Good luck but this could be your future.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Hey, just between you and me and keep our voices down. You already outgrew the boat you were running and you are looking at an OBV? Why not jump to one of the top selling wakeboats in the history of boating? If you are not considering the LSV you are selling yourself short. Have a look at this one (worth the ride):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hite-300-Hours

Don't sell yourself short. Good luck but this could be your future.
    I have to agree. The LSV that Kane linked with the full exile system and perfect pass is a lot more boat than the other two. Time for a road trip or uship.com

That LSV is sweeeeeet.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I love my LSV, so glad I spent the extra cash for it over an OBV.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Get the LSV, if you are going to spend 30K you can find some nice LSV's in that price range. Look on craiglist. Dealers are always going to be overpriced and less negotiable because they have overhead blah blah. Just get a certified check and a few thousand cash and go searching on craigslist. Dont be afraid to drive for a good deal and certainly do not be afraid to make someone an offer. Just remember if you are looking at a boat that is 8-10 years old, a bank probably wont finance it, and how many people have 25-30K cash sitting around to spend on a boat? Not many, so use this as a negotiation point.

And I say a certified check and cash because if you show up with a certfied check for the full asking price then how would you negotiate??

Never pay full price and if it's a steal dont sleep on it!

Default New member! Buying a Moomba! Need advice please!

That boat that Kane linked seems like a match made in heaven for you. Might be a bit inconvenient to get it but it will be worth the trip!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

if you can... try to avoid anything with permanent carpet, and try to find something with snap-in carpet.. even if you pull the carpet... believe me, carpet wears out and looks ugly over time..
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

You can replace carpet with hydroturf for under $300. Get the right hull and do whatever you need to so it's right for you.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!