Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Plasti Dip

Default Plasti Dip

Duct tape, baby.

Default Plasti Dip

I've used plasti dip on many things! It's great stuff! I am actually contemplating dipping my truck since I don't like the color. A guy on Tundra Solutions did it recently and it looked good.

I have my grill and bumpers done in plasti dip and I did my badges as well but I debadged my Tundra. There's endless possibilities for it. I am actually going to be doing my trailer rims in the fall black.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Default Plasti Dip

I plasti dipped my speaker cans white. It couldn't handle the bugs when trailering at night. I just went and had them powder coated for $60. My sisterinlaw made bags to put on them when I tow. They have draw strings with the slide that keeps them tight. Used them today for a 1 1/2 hour trip and the worked perfect.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377980859.492960.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1377980878.005090.jpg

Your sis in law has the job. I need a set. Get the machine out. Glad to see you on here. Where you been all summer?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Plasti Dip

They worked great. Have her making me some more for my racks, mirror and light bar. Right now I pull all of that stuff off or it will be covered in bugs by the time u get to the lake since we usually go down on Friday nights. Have only made it out in the water 4-5 weekends this year. Wife if preg with our second child. Due Oct 24 so been busy getting things done around the house. Next year we will be back at it.

Congrats! Went through a few of those years myself but priceless memories are on the way. Looking forward to seeing pics.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Bumping this old thread. Thanks for the inspiration just did my cup holders in black. 8 out of the 11 look mint. The other 3 look blobish on top. Think my prep wasn't perfect. Either way looks wicked. Will post pic in the sun tomorrow.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    Bumping this old thread. Thanks for the inspiration just did my cup holders in black. 8 out of the 11 look mint. The other 3 look blobish on top. Think my prep wasn't perfect. Either way looks wicked. Will post pic in the sun tomorrow.
    Use a little paint thinner, or rubbing alcohol and it will smooth the bumps down, but not completely remove the plasti.
    Also I have found some cans just blob more then others. I tried using a can I had for 6 months and it was crap, had to buy a new can.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Was going to plasti some trim on momma's ride. How long do you let it cure before you peel off the overspray? Going to search some youtube vids but saw the thread revival and thought I'd ask since you did your boat logo Mike.
    Thanks!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Was going to plasti some trim on momma's ride. How long do you let it cure before you peel off the overspray? Going to search some youtube vids but saw the thread revival and thought I'd ask since you did your boat logo Mike.
    Thanks!
    I generally wait about 1 hour, in 20 minutes the plasti should have a dull color so its dry to the touch and you can start peeling, but I like to wait about an hour to let it cure a bit more. If you wait too long the over spray starts getting hard to remove.

I like to put 3-5 thin coats, each coat I let dry till its dull in color.

I like to use rubbing alcohol to clean the over spray if it doesn't come off all the way.

Also I still tape it off to keep the over-spray controlled but I do let it over spray as the instruction say.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]