Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Craz or Mondo? Feedback from anyone with experience with both.

I am new on here as I sold my 99 outback a while back and purchased a 05 centurion Avalanche. I have worked up a deal w my local dealer on a new 2016 mondo. I love the options, colors, and am working out details of getting a dual axle trailer instead of the single, as I like the look and peace of mind of double. They are selling my 05 Avalanche on consignemment and I have started 2nd guessing if I should go with the mondo or the new Craz. I was drawn to the Mondo because of the look, value, features, and it did not feel like a 20 or 21 ft boat. It feels roomier than my 22 ft Avalanche. But now I have looked into the pricing and with the dual axle trailers and options I want the price is no that much different. So I am looking for anyone's feedback that owns one or has had experience with one or both. I don't want to regret the purchase and wish I would have stayed at the 22 ft length. I love how deep the Craz is but we do tend to be on smaller lakes, some with smaller and shallow coves. We also have to go under bridges that are close on the clearance and the mondo seems like it would have a Lower height on the water w and w o the tower down. Also if anyone has a Craz w the aviator tower, can you post the height on trailer when it is folded. Need to fit in a garage w 8 ft door, but I am having this built so there may be possibility of getting slightly larger door. Please let me know if you think there is any benefits of either boats besides just size, such as ride quality, wakeboard and wake surf wake, handling, ect. Thanks for any help and direction you guys can help me with.

I have not been in the craz so cant compare. I am commenting on the 8ft door. I have a 2015 mondo with the aviator tower and swivel racks. My garage door clearance is 8' 3". I have to remove the racks from the swivel bracket to clear the opening. I am o, a single axle trailer so that could be the reason but it would still be very close. Other than that I love my mondo. Coming from an 18 ft I/O it drives like it is small but can party like the big guys.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

I love my mondo. Only complainant I have is it does not handle rough water very well. Not a big issue for me. Just slow down a little and can always find a calm cove. If you have limited storage space the mondo might have the edge.
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

I am one of the few on here that owns a craz and has been on both. If you aren't limited in terms of size and the few grand difference isn't that big of a deal then go the craz. Resale will be better as the 22' market is stronger and it does feel a bit bigger inside. The mondo is a great boat and if I had been worried about storage issues with the craz we would have gotten the mondo. They drive very comperable. The craz is very agile, you'd be impressed. Boils down to whether you also like the wider nose look of the mondo/mojo or traditional of the craz (I was impartial ). The craz takes rough water like a Cadillac. The garage issue door height could be an issue though, the craz isn't getting in an 8'door unless you remove the tension cables which I had to do. With the cables gone you have about an inch of clearance, with cables in it is about 8'4".(Aviator tower, I can't speak about the s-bend)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JD14Mondo View Post
    I love my mondo. Only complainant I have is it does not handle rough water very well. Not a big issue for me. Just slow down a little and can always find a calm cove. If you have limited storage space the mondo might have the edge.
    Can you give me a little more details on your thought of the ride quality. We have a 15 month old and often take the family so I don't want to lose the ride quality I have now. in rough water can you set cruise on 16-18mph and push through it or do find the boat coming out of the water and slamming down? I'm hardly ever a hurry on the lake, so I'm good going as slow as the boat will go planed off but don't want to get slammed over waves. On the demo, at 2? Mph I was able to get the boat to come out of the water when going back through my own wave (ballast full) but if I slowed down to 15 or 16 it cut right through with almost no bump, to what I can remember. But I was the only boat out there on the demo.

Having experience with both, how do you compare ride quality between the two. I think this may be the biggest factory in my decision. The boats are only 2-300 pounds diff and the length is only 18" or so more I didn't expect a big difference but that's why I am on here.

If it is very rough I slow down to 20 and it is no problem. The craz would be better in rough conditions. If money and storage is not a problem I would go with the craz or mojo. I learned to surf behind my friends 05 Avalanche. I love the wave my mondo makes (with the right ballast). It has more push than me friends boat. The reason I went with the mondo is I got a great deal at the end of the season and I wanted to be able to store it in my garage. You will not be disappointed with any Moomba!
    James
    2014 Mondo

Can you give me a little more details on your thought of the ride quality
    Any boat can ride decent when slowing down and not bashing through. The Craz with the traditional bow will ride a bit nicer but you will still have to slow down for choppy days. I could blow around the lake about about 21-22 mph in my MB and still not slam the boat around with the use of the center plate. You might just be posting soon about a new Craz if space isn't an option.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by JD14Mondo View Post
    If it is very rough I slow down to 20 and it is no problem. The craz would be better in rough conditions. If money and storage is not a problem I would go with the craz or mojo. I learned to surf behind my friends 05 Avalanche. I love the wave my mondo makes (with the right ballast). It has more push than me friends boat. The reason I went with the mondo is I got a great deal at the end of the season and I wanted to be able to store it in my garage. You will not be disappointed with any Moomba!
    Ok so reference would you consider the 05 Avalanche to have a better ride than the mondo, worse, or tough to tell? The Avalanche is the best rough water boat I have spent a bunch of time in so far. Mondo felt good but very limited in seat time compared to my Avalanche

I have spent a lot of time in my friends avalanche. It does ride a lot better in rough water. IMO my boats ride is just as good or better the rest of the time. But if you want a boat to handle rough water like your Avalanche the craz is what you need.
    James
    2014 Mondo