A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default tsunami power and grnd distro block with meter

No problem

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

same block i use in my boat i like it works good the cover is a little kesie i guess. when i first skrewed it down i got it to tight and the cover wouldnt snap on loosend up the skrews up a bit and the cover snaped on and been good ever since the volt meter does go out un less u got the system jacked up loud and it causes ur voltage to jump around a bit.

i also noticed u said u got anl fuses. if u got regular anl fuses they want work u gotta make sure u got mini anl fuses hate for u to not be able to use ur new toy cause u and got 5 dollars worth of fuses
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

Thanks, i did get the mini anl fuses, with blue led.

good feed back on the cover, i hope the volt meter works better than what you guys have reported, but no big deal if not,
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

JM-Exactly what I used on my amp panel. Panel is in basement not on boat if you want I can remove and you can take a look in person.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Two more questions?

since the boat is in winter lock down....

on the 2011,2012,2013 models have a 125 fuse or breaker running from the stereo battery to the bulky stereo bus bar configuartion or do i need to get one.

Two, will i need three batteries with three amps ( Exile, harpoon,800.4 and 1500.1) we dont spend all day party coving it, so stereo is usually running when the boat is.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

J,

In actuality, you only need a single cranking battery to run the boat and entire stereo. Now, how many house batteries will be needed to power the system with the engine off, will be determined by their estimated current draw at "Z" volume level x "Y" minutes you want to play the system with the engine off. This will give you an estimated battery Ah number. From there, you can figure out what group size and how many will be needed.

Im not sure I understand what you are asking in your first question. If there is an OEM installed B+ and GND BUSS Bar on the amp wall, they may be usable for your install as all 3 of those amp have internal fusing. But, you will need to supply those BUSS bars with proper gauge cable and circuit protection.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    J,

In actuality, you only need a single cranking battery to run the boat and entire stereo. Now, how many house batteries will be needed to power the system with the engine off, will be determined by their estimated current draw at "Z" volume level x "Y" minutes you want to play the system with the engine off. This will give you an estimated battery Ah number. From there, you can figure out what group size and how many will be needed.

Im not sure I understand what you are asking in your first question. If there is an OEM installed B+ and GND BUSS Bar on the amp wall, they may be usable for your install as all 3 of those amp have internal fusing. But, you will need to supply those BUSS bars with proper gauge cable and circuit protection.

GTK on the 3rd batttery,

on the stereo bus bar + and -. It takes up alot of real estate on my amp board and thus the combo distro block, wanted to know if they fused the power supply from the battery to the + side bus bar for the stereo.

I will try to post up a pic.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

upper left hand corner

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That is a rather large BUSS. I would hope it has some sort of circuit protection, but im not sure of that cabling would be sufficient to carry the possible load of those 3 amps combined. I have a feeling that you will need to upgrade the trunk like, regardless of swapping out that BUSS for a B+/- combo distribution block.

It also looks like that is 10ga running to that 700.5 amp. 4ga minimum, IMO. Not uncommon to see them bench test at over 900W rms.