Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Default The countdown begins; my 2013 Outback V...

I had a few spare minutes today so I broke out the hole saw and popped a hole in the fiberglass under the seat behind the driver to add a rear heat vent.

Prep;

The hole;

HeaterCraft Hot Tube installed (this is what the factory installs for the front outlets so they all match);

I need to pick up some supplies to plumb it, but the messy part is done!
    2013 Outback V

Got a lot done today!

I hooked up the rear heater vent - what I did was run a tube from one outlet to the rear vent, then I T'd off the other outlet to the 2 front vents - seems to work great and the stuff to do it was like $15 at the hardware store. Here is how I did the T;

It looks like there is a lot of extra tube because there is - I tried to match the length of the bottom to the top with the hope that the flow will be similar. I used a T instead of a Y for the same reason (couldn't find a non-directional Y)

I also made as ran my "left to right" harness;

This contains 4 sets of RCAs and power, remote, ground for the ZLD, both wires for the Sony Remote Commander, right tower speaker wire, subwoofer wire, Harpoon remote turn on (wired to the Accessory switch in the dash). I ran this through the bow. I ran a separate run for the ACR LED and voltage gauges (I have 2 small LCD volt meters, 1 for each battery) through the locker, since it was much shorter to the batteries in the floor.

I also got the start battery moved into the locker, but I didn't take any pictures. Tomorrow I'll finish mounting the house battery and wire the ACR.

This was a rainy day project I put together out of scrap Starboard - now my cleaners are in 1 easy to reach spot!

Also on the docket was the installation of the Sony Remote Commander - super easy, just a quick hole with a 3.25" hole saw. I'll snap pics of that tomorrow.
    Last edited by ian ashton; 05-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    2013 Outback V

And yes, that's Babes, Hot Sauce, Performance Boat Candy - I'm trying them all!
    2013 Outback V

cool cleaning caddy out of the spare starboard Ian. do you anticipate it being damaged or interfering with your bags?

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    cool cleaning caddy out of the spare starboard Ian. do you anticipate it being damaged or interfering with your bags?

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    I ordered this boat without ballast - my '08 had it and I never used it, and for this boat I wanted the storage of a V drive, but I'm still a slalom skier.
    2013 Outback V

Default Re: The countdown begins; my 2013 Outback V...

Have you skied behind a 2009+ OBV yet? I think the wake is larger than the standard Outback. Any thoughts or ideas on making the wake smaller besides using the wakeplate. I thought I read somewhere about adding some weight to the front.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk 2
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Have you skied behind a 2009+ OBV yet? I think the wake is larger than the standard Outback. Any thoughts or ideas on making the wake smaller besides using the wakeplate. I thought I read somewhere about adding some weight to the front.

I actually have, before I made the decision to buy I test-skied at the dealer, and that is what made my decision so easy!

I normally ski at 28.5mph and 15' off behind the DD (I know, slow, I'm like 140 pounds and after the injury that's my comfort zone) which puts me about 5 feet behind the rooster tail, with a wake that's like a speed bump - in the OBV I test skied we ran a little faster, like 30mph and at 15' off the wake (in my opinion) was better than my DD at 28.5, about the same height but much wider so bombing through it for me was way easier.

I haven't skied behind this boat yet, but I suspect it will be the same.
    2013 Outback V

Default Re: The countdown begins; my 2013 Outback V...

My son and I ski at about 32mph. Wake isn't to bad. Never skied behind an Outback. I just figured it was a lot better since it was a ski boat. I have skied all my life behind outboards. Just recreational stuff. I think my rope is 65'.

Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I got the sub box in, along with the facia (matching silver vinyl), and subs;

Empty box;

Making the facia out of 1/4" Starboard;

Finished product with the volt gauges for start and house batteries;

The optical illusion making the left sub look not level is driving me nuts. I'm also making 1/2" thick led rings, but I forgot to order the acrylic, so those will go in later.
    2013 Outback V

Ian - have you run speaker wire in that oz tower yet? I think I saw finished pics of your buddies that you did. Do u have any pics with the tower down showing the path of the wire?
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo