Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just got back from the ATL boat show and I was impressed. I noticed that there were no Tige boats there at all. I really wanted to take a look at the new surf platform on the bottom of the boat. I don't know exactly what they call it but its like an extension to the hull that makes a tunnel. Looked pretty cool on youtube.

I was very impressed with the LSV at the boat show this year, I am really on the fence on the Mojo. I really like the idea and the layout of the boat but it really looked cheap to me. I understand its a budget wakeboat but it really looks stripped down. I also understand trying to maximize the interior room but the rear bench seat in my opinion looks terrible. I don't like how you can see a big air gap on either side of the V-Drive box.

On all the models I really don't like the interior. Here is the issue I have with it, I think its too boxy and uninviting. I think the back rests being strait up and down look and feel very uncomfortable. I think that the spotter seat also looks very bad not too. I think it looks cheap and uncomfortable. I really like the layout of my 07 LSV. I like the spotter seat back and think it is a little more inviting.

Now that I have bashed the brand I love the look of the boats, power plant, simplicity of controls, and the wake. I think that the colors (especially the green and black combo) looks awesome. I like the newer towers and bimini options.

I think that for the same money a little more time could have gone into the layout and design of the interior without costing any more in materials. I would be willing to take a few inches out of the interior for a little more comfort.

I mentioned in another post that the show seemed to close well for SC with a better mix of Supras and Moombas sold this year than last when Moomba dominated. The SA brought a lot of attention to the booth. They had a murdered out SA350 sitting at the entrance to the booth and a SA450 Worlds sitting up on a pedestal that really stopped folks in their tracks.

the show is a big one and I only took the time to get pics of the wakeboats and didn't have time to get to the MC booth. My first stop was Natique. At the 10,000 Lakes surf contest in Minneapolis, MN last season the tow boat for that event was a G23. We thought it was an incredible boat from a looks, fit & finish standpoint but the wave wasn't very good at all. With the announcement of the NSS system, it might have been a contenter for our next ride so I stopped in early Sunday morning to take a look. Two sales guys were lounging on a couch. I introduced myself and explained who I was and why I was at the show. Shared with them my experience in MN and that we'd like to get behind a NSS-equipped boat when they got one in.

I started to look at the boats and take a few pics when one of the salesmen looks over and says, "Ah, I'm going to ask you to stop taking pics and leave." I couldn't freaking believe it! I asked why and he replied that he didn't think his management would like having the competition taking pics. I replied that his management would probably be more upset to learn that he'd po'd a potential customer and I thanked him for ultimately saving me a ton of coin.

So, this is the only pic I'm going to put up of the Natique.

Didn't get that kind of treatment out of any of the other guys/brands at the show. Singleton Marine won the award for the best booth display. These pics are just of the wakeboat side. They have a double booth and the other side is the Regals, Cobalts and 'toons. They moved a ton of boats at the show.

Last edited by wolfeman131; 01-14-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Default Atlanta Boat Show

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This Axis seemed to catch the eye of the young guys. I'm not 100% sold on the digitized camo look for my boat. It will be interesting to see how this brand evolves as Adam McCall has left Malibu. He was the driving force for this line.

There were 3 Centurions at the show. They throw me off a bit as some of the innovation such as their touch screen seems great but they combo it with almost retro looking panels in other parts of the boat. It's most notable to me on the dash.