Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Price for a Vinyl Replacement

I am starting to shop around for vinyl replacement places in Raleigh NC. I know the prices will vary based on where you are, but would anyone be willing to share what they paid to have their interior re-done? I am looking at all the vinyl (see http://bkearney.fedorapeople.org/vinyl/), average quality vinyl. PM's or public would be appreciated.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

On my Outback I did mine for under $800 but I bought my material at greatlakesskipper.com and did all the pulling, staple pulling, etc. myself. I had an upholstery guy make new covers using the old ones as patterns. I put 'em on and put it all back together. Fun winter project but great results.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    On my Outback I did mine for under $800 but I bought my material at greatlakesskipper.com and did all the pulling, staple pulling, etc. myself. I had an upholstery guy make new covers using the old ones as patterns. I put 'em on and put it all back together. Fun winter project but great results.
    Thanks! Was the 800 just for the material, just the work to make the covers, or both?

Have you just called skiers and asked what new skins would run you. I just got a bunch of new skins and they are fairly reasonable. I plan on putting them on myself as soon as i get them. Its been about 3 months so far and still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
    I am starting to shop around for vinyl replacement places in Raleigh NC. I know the prices will vary based on where you are, but would anyone be willing to share what they paid to have their interior re-done? I am looking at all the vinyl (see http://bkearney.fedorapeople.org/vinyl/), average quality vinyl. PM's or public would be appreciated.

Skiers charges a good deal for the skins. I would rather have a shop make them up and use a heavier vinyl in the process

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

David X2. Better vinyl can be bought through an upholsterer. I will eventually get all of the cushions replaced.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

That amount was for the whole job but I did great on the material and found a guy who needed the work to make my covers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Pulling staples sucks balls seriously. I do not wish that job on anybody.

I did my complete interior myself, went to walmart bought a sewing machine then off to the fabric store for some vinyl.

It's not a $50,000 boat job but I think it turned out great for my boat.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Have you just called skiers and asked what new skins would run you. I just got a bunch of new skins and they are fairly reasonable. I plan on putting them on myself as soon as i get them. Its been about 3 months so far and still waiting.
    SC wont do anything before a 2005. I was pretty bummed when I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Pulling staples sucks balls seriously. I do not wish that job on anybody.

I did my complete interior myself, went to walmart bought a sewing machine then off to the fabric store for some vinyl.

It's not a $50,000 boat job but I think it turned out great for my boat.
    How hard was it to yank the old carpet out? I would like to do that at the same time if I can.