Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

still haven't started my Moomba to-do list... And they aren't all small projects either (reinforce platform mounts)... I better hop to it!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Ryan, you better get busy, warm weather is coming. Last night I was able to tell a difference in how light it was out when i left work, the day's are getting longer, or maybe it was i left 10 minutes early, either way time fly's
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

We have gained about 10 min of daylight since Christmas I think.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Last season our docks went in march 15th, water was too low so no boat until the end of april, Hope for snow to fill the lakes and of course snow ski, but not cold enough to freeze the lake, which when it does the ice does not leave until 1st week in April.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

We have been getting drenched Jon Texas all week. Our lake should be a foot or so above full pool by the start of next week. Bad thing about that is it is going to bring a bunch of sediment down with it that will eventually sink to the bottom and the lake just became that much shallower.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Oh wow... you know I had to read that twice before I got it. I need a nap.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I could feel a difference in the sun yesterday afternoon. Need sunblock already. Next 4 days are 79, 79, 77, 78. Gotta wrap up the other stuff I'm doing and start getting the boat ready. It'll be 85 soon and warm enough to go out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Gaw love hearing about you southern guys and sun, 70s, boating i a couple weeks LOL.

Its ahh 29 outside right now, and only getting colder threw the weekend 23. Bad thing is thats no snow, just ice.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well, it was super warm here this weekend, but also extremely humid. It rained Fri and Sat nights, and the moisture hung in until afternoon Sat. and Sun. So, unfortuntely for me but fortuneatly for my Moomba, my streetbike ride was canceled Sat. morning and I got started on the boat....

1- got a couple new amps and tower speakers last year from a forum member, so i still have a dual battery set-up plus lots of wiring to install. i was planning on starting by taking one of the smaller amps I got and using it to replace the "too large" amp I have in my BMW (760W Sony 2-channel bridgeable driving a little 8" free-air sub). Unfortunealy it didn't work out, so it was more-or-less a waste of a couple of hours of playing... So I moved on to more important things since i dont' have the wiring yet...

2- Sick and tired of having loose hinges holding the deck over the motor. It appears Mooma used fiberglass cover, covered with a "standalone" pad, meaning the rear deck is vinyl and padding stapled over a plastic sheet which is screwed to the fiberglass. Well, the hinge screws to from the Stainless steel hinge into who knows what, but whatever it is, isn't solid anymore, asthe screws just spin. Can't even get them out. So, I started removeing the top pad to I could get at the hinges. Great idea to use SS screws Moomba...Too bad you used standard steel "nuts" that are supposed to somehow grab that 1/16" thick plastic backing that are now all rusted to crap and won't come off....Screw just spins no matter what way you turn it, and the only way to grab the "nut" would be to cut the vinyl. So, since I'm not ready for anything like that yet, I drilled 4 new small holes thru the hinge and fiberglass, made a 1/4" hole in the hingle only, and ran a short, fine-thread, self-tapper in. Seems to be holding OK.

3 - didn't have time to tackle stiffening the platform brackets. I was happy to find that the uppper screws are above the floor, so i should have to do "too much" digging to get to the lowers. maybe this weekend I'll tackle that one...

Ryan
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

I guess I should clarify...Super warm was mid to upper 70's. Humid as in when I opened the garage, about 2 hours later the steel benches and fiberglass boat were literally dripping wet...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it