Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INJURIES????

Default INJURIES????

Late June I tore a muscle in my abdomen wakeboarding, that caused internal bleeding. After a month of pulling all my friends, i got back out, and kept having horrible pain in my neck. Had X-rays and numerous doctor visits. By October it was throbbing day and night, so I had an MRI, and i have a bulging disk. I'm 27 and my friend have made the nickname "gramps" stick. haha. Has anyone else received any good injuries this year from wakeboarding?

Default Replying to Topic 'INJURIES????'

good injuries
    ???

Jumbo Shrimp ?
    Meaty Vegetables ?
    Dodge Ram ?

sorry, I collect Oxymorons.

I had a ski rope get pulled over the back of my ear last year - that one was "nice."
    This year I was skiing back to my drop ski, and let go with a bit too much speed, and went to grab the ski and jammed my finger directly into it at about 20. It's been 3 months and I still do not have full range of motion back. Pretty minor comparred I guess.

-Joe

I took a hard spill once that sucked my feet out of the bindings. As my head broke the surface of the water, I saw my board skimming across the water towards my face. The side of the board caught me right above the bridge of the nose and split me open. The guy whose boat we were using at the time was extremely anal about his ride (can't blame him I'm the same way). He saw me bleeding and told me I had to stay in the water and keep riding until the bleeding stopped so I wouldn't get any blood in his boat.

Similar story here, set up for a tantrum, didn't rotate enough, body folded in half and the board smacked me right accross the face. Broke my nose real good and sliced my face up. Wife made me stand on the swim platform until I stopped bleeding, but she did hand me a towel, ice and a cold beer to help with the pain.

She came out of the board this summer and it wacked her right by the eye so she got a few stitched for that.

Hey GRAMPS!!!

Last year I had the handle hit my wrist. Hurt REAL bad but I made a few more board runs. After that I figured I would keep it on beer from the inside and out. Next morning the boss (wife) made an appointment for the clinic. Turns out I had a fractured wrist.
    This was all before you and I started boarding together.

I guess it was a "good injury" as I only had the cast on for two weeks. I had a weeks vacation planned, of course at a lake. It was a minor fracture.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

What are you going to do about that disk?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Two concussions over the last two years, 04 - I went in the water inverted with my back towards the rear of the boat. The result was dizziness for about at day, whiplash, and I blew both contacts out of my eyes on impact.

05 - was less severe then the previous, was just dizzy for an hour or so. But it did prompt me to get a helmet.

Yeah, I look like a dork but the helmet has given me some renewed confidence and I find myself at 38 charging into the wake like a champ.

My son (12 years old) has injured his ankle 2 years in a row landing bad. Same ankle, the doc says he will have problems with it for the rest of his life. I have 1 good face plant every year but nothing major.

With the ankle injury, i had a couple pretty bad falls in 03 that caused a calcium deposit on the inside of my ankle, on a tendon. The doc said it was from spraining it too much. Even to this day it hurts. Not to mention right after i started riding again this spring, had to have my appendix removed. All this and im 19, I as well am always hearing jokes i am an old man.

After 25+ years playing soccer ended up with reconstruction surgeries on both knees. So, I tried "safer" sports . Now, I wakeboard 4 months and snowboard about 5 months every year. Never felt better; injury free for three years now. Still wear a brace over my left knee when I ride. I wear a helmet snowboarding because it hurts so damn much when I don't. My wife wants me to get one for wakeboarding.
    Faceplants are funny. They seem to happen in slow motion yet, they are so violent..