Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INJURIES????

Default Replying to Topic 'INJURIES????'

Lake house for five years, boarding for three. The only injury so far (knock very hard on wood) was a guy falling out of the hammock. I always tell my son when he is bleeding and or in pain that that is a good sign, he didn’t get that way in front of the x-box.

My cousin the Marine (happy Veterans Day to all by the way) has a shirt that says “pain is weakness leaving the body.” I suggested an asterisk, “for everyone under 40.”
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Last year I hurt my ankle so I had to finish the season in August.
    This year constantly had some "stiff neck" issue. Maybe due to 100+ crash landings trying the backroll, raley, ...
    Here in Switzerland the season is over now. Took out the boat for winterization last week.

Only bad thing happened to me this year was a sprained ankle trying to wake to wake. I have to say, prolly would have had more, but all the beer we drank kept us pretty loose.
    Butta
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Default Replying to Topic 'I

Took a real good fall earlier this year..I caught an edge while on a slalmon ski. Hit the water at approx 35 mph directly and flatly onto the side of my head which promptly RUPTURED my ear drum. Came to the conclusion that I passed out momentarily because I dont remember much but coming to bobbing in the water. Didnt have much pain at first but as the day went on the pain became gradually worse. Pulled out of the water at approx 7pm. Walked into the local emergency department at 8pm and had a lovely 4 hour visit. What a day. Think I might invest in a helmet sometime soon.

Tore my Achilles over a year ago, hope to finally hit the slope this season and get back into the water next year. Felt like a bat hitting my calf when it went. Took a trip to ER, quick diagnostic and under the knife the next day. In a cast for 3 months and splint for 2 more. My foot is still stiff and uncomfortable at times,

Will,

YIKES!!! I bet that achilles REALLY HURT. Of all injuries that is probably one of the WORST, if not THE WORST. Hope things are OK with that ankle now.

Jeff

I feel your pain! (I'm 36) Last summer was the first time I tried wakeboarding (I'm a slalom fanatic) and I was surprised how much pain was involved. I too tore my abdominal muscles the 3rd time I was out, but it was not quite as severe as you by the sounds of things. I sure hope that you were not in any more pain than I was, because I was sure at the time that it could not be any worse. I was talked into wakeboarding because of the slower speeds and a lie about how how you don't get hurt like in high speed shortline slalom. This sounded good to me because last July I had a horrible slalom crash... it was my third set before noon, and at 28'off @34 I broke at the waist accross the wake and the tip whent in on the other side. I woke up in the water a few minutes later but do not remember anthig until the ambulance arrived (approx. 45 minutes). A concussion and a torn rib kept me off the water for the month.

Can't wait to get back at it this spring!

Jeff,

Yea, it did hurt initially, but after a few minutes, just a tingle and not much pain other than a low level aching. During diagnosis the Doc told me to press against his hand with the ball of my injured foot. Weird feeling, nothing happend when I tried to push agianst him.

I had fun pulling the kids this year, but I did not get to ski behind the new boat myself. Hope next spring I can enjoy it more with my oldest pulling me for a change. Will be off to the slopes for some snow skiing this week end for the first time since my recovery. It takes a long time to recoup and I still feel a little tingly nerve damage in my toes, I suspect it will never be quite the same.

Will

Same as Swairlines. Ruptured left eardrum falling on the side of my head crossing the wake while slalom skiing. Took two months until I quit blowing snot out of my ear when I blew my nose! Nice! I'm investing in ear plugs.

One time, I got my feelings hurt when someone said I sucked at wakeboarding....:ž
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!