Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Looking at this stuff makes me glad I already have a boat and am not in the market. I liked the Mojo the best of all of them and the price too.
    If I were a rich man I would be eyeballing the G23 or Bu MXZ 24. In reality I too liked the Mojo best out of all of them for the $$. Warren of AWS mentioned it was his top seller for the show and of course would have loved to put me into one.

Looking at the Enzos I was a bit surprised at how short they are in the rear by comparison to other hulls. For being touted the surf king, they had pretty close to the same profile/height in the rear as my old MobV (eyeballing it), just more of a sharp V on the bottom.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I went back to the boat show Yesterday on free passes thanks to AWS. Just me and Claudia which is the first time we went on a main day with jsut us. We normally go with a group of people. We were there about 4-5 hours and spent the bulk of it at the AWS booth, and Tige booth.

We did go through the MC booth and talked to the guys there, as soon as they firgured out who i was they didnt talk sales to much. Not sure why? Maybe it was the sweatshirt i was wearing and they had already bashed SC brand for being so much less then MB and MC. They were nice guys though just bad tactics to ever say a bad thing about another brand, my motto is, say the differences, fact only not your personal thoughts when you are selling boats LOL.

I too saw the Black and Green X-Star, this is the second time i seen it, when i was on the SA450 in Oct i saw them lanch it for the first time and it looks better in the water then in a show room, but yea the green is way over the top nausiating.

Hanging out in the Tige booth was a lot of fun and knowing as many people in the Tige world as i do made for interesting conversations with the Tige rep and River City who is now the Tige dealer up here.

The R20 seems to be there big boat this year for sales at the show, followed closely by the RZR <20 ft>
    The Z1 wasnt really getting any bites but i think its the 75+ price tage for a 21 footer. The Z3 got lots of attention and possible sale with custom order.

At the SC booth it was madness for a while. They had so much traffic at one point it felt like a night club that you cant walk through with out rubbing everyone LOL.

The White Worlds SA they had was spectacular to look at and got a lot of attention.
    Sitting next to that was a Black and grey Supra 21V that looks to be sold at the end of the show to a younger couple. He looks a lot more excited then his wife LOL. Me and him were talking % rates since i just got my loan all done and locked in. <yes that means im a boat owner again>

Next to the 21V was the Infamous Moomba LSV in Black with Blue and looked really sharp.
    Then you had the Winner of the Moomba Line the Back and Blue Mojo 2.5
    Up till the show they only sold 1 Mojo and it was a 2013 also
    At the show they sold 5 more and got some serious intrest in the 2012 White on White that was on display in the used boat section. i think they had it there because it has 170 hours on it lol.

Next to the Mojo they had a nice A22 from Axis, and i have to say in the last 4 years this boat is really starting to look like a family wake boat instead of the orginal plan of hard core take a garden hose to spray it down and walk away approach it started with.

You had the Malibu line sitting next to it, i think they only brough 3 new Malibus to the show. 24MXK, 23 LSV and 30th edition 20FT which i dont recal the tag name but its 90K 20fter with 3 computer screens and surf gate LOL. Its the most pimped out 20fter ive ever seen lol.

In the middle of the display floor was the Nautique line and they had 1 of each including the G25. The only way to see the G25 was to ask and they would take you to its special showing area. The back docks because there was no more roon for it inside LOL.

Over all it was the best time ive had at the boat show and i really enjoyed hanging out in SC and Tige booth. I didnt talk to any potential customers at Tige, but i sent several to the SC booth and even sent some personal friends who are looking at upgrading there I/O to V drive.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    If I were a rich man I would be eyeballing the G23 or Bu MXZ 24. In reality I too liked the Mojo best out of all of them for the $$. Warren of AWS mentioned it was his top seller for the show and of course would have loved to put me into one.

Looking at the Enzos I was a bit surprised at how short they are in the rear by comparison to other hulls. For being touted the surf king, they had pretty close to the same profile/height in the rear as my old MobV (eyeballing it), just more of a sharp V on the bottom.
    You are exactly correct sir.

This also really limits the amount of weight the boat can really have in the rear. At the Polar Bear this boat was maxed out and water was over the rear rub rails. It does throw a nice wave but most of the riders agreed it wasnt as good as the hype on this boat.

Not only is the side shallow but look at the swim deck, that sits in the water with no ballast, so you can see how low it sits all the time.

This boat isnt really designed to have a lot of rear weight, only its factory system and then you can nose or center weight heavy. Also i was hearing a lot of the pro riders are going as fast as 14-16mph surfing now to clean up the waves and make the pockets longer.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Portland Boat Show 2013

Sorry did I miss where you talked about your new ride Mike?
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Sorry did I miss where you talked about your new ride Mike?
    Huh What? I dont see any threads about that yet LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]