Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 13 Mobius LSV Prop Selection

I've never paid too much attention to my prop and I keep hearing you guys chatting about upgarding your props and wondering what the benefits are. I primarily wakeboard and do not exceed the factory ballast load and have 1-3 people in the boat the majority of the time. I've never pulled multiple skiers so I'm not too concerned about low end torque and I would prefer better fuel economy at cruise speed if thats possible?!?!

What are the advantages of an upgraded prop and what is the model information that I should be looking for? Are people typically changing proprs for more torque or top end speed?

Most guys are looking for more low end pull with a severely weighted down boat. You probably already have a great prop for your needs but if you want to prop up instead of down there are probably a hundred guys on here who would trade you straight up. I suggest keeping your old prop if you get a new one cuz having a spare can make a huge difference in July, especially if you have a short season. Stuff happens.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

What would help is to know what prop you have now?

Why do you want to change it?

You wont see huge increses in fuel savings, now will you see Huge speed increases, or Huge pulling from a stop issues.

Re proping these boats is great for the right reason but you should have a goal in mind before just wanting to change props, or you might be disapointed in the results.

As for your currect prop, look on the prop itself and it will say OJ, ACME and then a series of numbers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Be careful taking advice from a guy who doesn't have a boat.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It would be for a new 13 LSV that I have not yet ordered at this time. They give you a handfull of options for what prop you can order it with and I'm not certain which one would be best for me.

How do you know how much ballast you are going to run till you try out the boat? Any plans to wakeboard? How about wakesurfing? You'd be surprised how much more you do once you get this boat. Congrats! by the way.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Good point....But I know how much ballast it will take in! I do alot of wakeboarding now with my 04 Centurion T5 which is a DD so I am looking forward to getting behind a v drive. I don't care for wakesurfing as much, but that may change along with the boat. I think I got all of my options figured out and I will pull the trigger later this week when I get back home.

order the standard prop and order the upgrade acme wakeboard prop when you place your boat order. you will have a spare that way and if you weight the boat or get into surfing you'll allready have a prop for that.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    How do you know how much ballast you are going to run till you try out the boat? Any plans to wakeboard? How about wakesurfing? You'd be surprised how much more you do once you get this boat. Congrats! by the way.
    SC allows the upgrade to a few props . some good reads on here.

I upgraded to the acme 1235 and its a beast...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Found a great thread from an old post by someone who took this question a few steps further and did his own testing of different props. Kudo's to this guy!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....test%20results