Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tower Speaker Covers?

Anyone had any bad experiences with Speaker Sox? I currently have a pair of Wetsounds Rev-10's and a Rev-410 on the tower and want to get some covers. ** Was pretty disappointed with wetsounds that I spent 3K+ dollars and can't even get a pair of speaker covers without shedding out another 200-300 dollars!!** Appreciate the input!
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

Wife made some custom covers out of sunbrella. They look and work great but it took us a full day to make both pairs. And don't have the cool wetsounds logo. I've seen the sox and don't see how they provide much protection except from UV. They look good when they are new. I just look on the wetsounds site and see they are selling the neoprene covers. Those look good but leaving neoprene in the sun too long I think would wreck them. Im curious about the replys as I think the neoprene would be cool for towing, maybe not storage outside

They got my stuff shipped fast and fit was good. I got them for towing, put them on my racks too, strictly for bug catching.
    -Jake

The sox or the neoprene

On their website they only offer the Speaker "Sox"???
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

Material is outdoor poly, you can get them treated with water repellant as well. Now they have them 3x thicker in the same soft poly for outdoor storage. I used these guys:
    http://www.speakersox.com/home.htm
    They are easy to contact, give them a call. I think they made my stuff in one day!
    -Jake

I ended up with the Wetsounds covers and have liked them, even though they are pricey. Had them one year and they seem to look as good as new. Mostly used for towing. Fit is precise.

Might PM or email Earmark to see if a forum discount is available ... might help a little.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I checked again. They are called suitz. They make them for the rev 8/10's and the 485/410.

I'd be in for that

I bought the neoprene type covers for the Rev8's and they are fabulous. Fit great, durable and look like new after sitting out all season in the sun. Money, yes, but buy once, cry once, right?

There was another type that they sold that was acoustically transparent, so you could play the speakers without taking the cover off, I think that was the "sox", can't remember. We bought the thicker/neoprene type for towing and storage protection.

About 1/3 the time, we forget to take them off when at the lake and wonder why the stereo sounds like crap