Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks for all of the replies. I'll definitely have them removed before launching for the first time in the spring. Ill leave the chrome MOOMBA and polish it up. I would do it myself but I am unsure how to remove the M & O that is on top of the decal....and unsure how to reapply the letters if I did get them off without hurting the boat. I will post a new pic when it's done.
    2012 Moomba LSV

A little heat from a hair dryer will all you to remove the splash decals. DO NOT try and remove the chrome, MOOMBA letters. If you do, you will ruin them. I'd heat and pull the decal around them, and I'd they are on top of the splash, carefully use a razor blade and cut the splash decal around them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by mparker2997 View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies. I'll definitely have them removed before launching for the first time in the spring. Ill leave the chrome MOOMBA and polish it up. I would do it myself but I am unsure how to remove the M & O that is on top of the decal....and unsure how to reapply the letters if I did get them off without hurting the boat. I will post a new pic when it's done.
    I would not take off the chrome letters. They may not go back on. I would suggest doing some fine trimming of the splash graphics around the chrome.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Leave the splash in the water and off the boat! +1 naked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By naked I mean leave the Chrome Moomba letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Got it....Thanks! The dealer told me they would have to order the letters and replace them. Knowing that, would you guys still do it yourself and carefully trim around the letters?
    2012 Moomba LSV

yes, it's a DIY job.

start at the bow & you'll see that the decals become somewhat pliable when heated. I think you'll be able to heat, stretch and carefully cut close enough with a razor blade that nobody will notice if any of the splash is left. If you there is any decal in the space in the "A," I'd just leave it alone or use some heat an X-Acto knife and your fingernail.

better yet, leave it on until July. Bring it to the Sinclair Jam and aafter we all down a few cold ones, we'll pull 'em off together!

+ another for peeling the graphics.

I agree on doing it yourself, just as Drew mentioned. I'm sure they want you to repurchase the chrome letters bc they cost a small fortune.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

If the dealer was supposed to do it take it right back there and have him do it. It will look fantastic. First pic I saw of the "new" Moomba chrome letters was on your color boat. Looked awesome.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

After you peel them off there will be a bunch of glue residue left on the hull. Make sure you have plenty of 'Goo be Gone' or 'Goof off' on hand which quickly removes the left over adhesive from the graphics. If you try it without, you better buckle up for a long day of scrubbing!!! Be sure to rinse off the hull shortly after cleaning with the product since it is a very strong solvent and could eat up your clear coat if not removed.