Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Little help - looking to buy a moomba

hey guys,

First time on here, great forum.

I have recently moved to North America from Australia,we had a 3 moomba's at my work over hear. Great boats, so now I am looking at buying a moomba. I was thinking a 2006-2008 lsv ,as we mainly wakeboard. I have just over 30 grand to spend. So ,I was interested to here what the differences between the 2006 , 2007 and 2008 are?

Also things to look for ? ie good options/extras or even problems with years?

And finally I have to get a tow vehicle, so what do people use to tow a boat of this size? i think the weight with trailer is 4400 lbs.

Any info or suggestions would be much appriciated

thanks

I first say Welcome. Being a skier first and a Outback DD owner i don't know nearly all the details on the LSV's . But i do know they make for a fantastic Wakeboard and or Surf boat when set up correctly. As for skiing. OK to average only.

As for the years you mention i believe there are not that many REAL changes mostly slight cosmetic and minor details mostly. These were Big sales years so there are lots of them out there from those model years to find and or chose from. I'm sure you should get lots of input on this so hang tough Your answers will come.
    07 Outback DD

I would say that you should be able to get the boat you want for the price your looking for. I have seen a lot of really good deals out there on LSV's for around the 30k mark.

If I were to look for one again I would try to find one with the ballast system upgraded already with larger bags in it and reversible pumps. I would also look for one with an upgraded prop.

The ballast upgrade with new bags, if you do it, will run you around 2k and if you upgrade the prop that will be about 500-600. This is the only pain that I have had with my boat, its a 07 LSV. Other than that I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie 1 View Post

And finally I have to get a tow vehicle, so what do people use to tow a boat of this size? i think the weight with trailer is 4400 lbs.

thanks
    with fuel and gear you may be pushing closer to 5,000 lbs and if you are in Australia it may be hard to us to help you with a tow vehicle, i know i dont know what they sell down under
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    with fuel and gear you may be pushing closer to 5,000 lbs and if you are in Australia it may be hard to us to help you with a tow vehicle, i know i dont know what they sell down under
    He just moved here from Australia. Come on man
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

Quote Originally Posted by aussie 1 View Post

thanks
    In a general statement, I think most people tow with a 1/2 ton pickup truck or SUV such as F150 or Tahoe.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I would say any of these american choices would do.
    http://www.cadillac.com/escalade-suv.html
    http://www.lincoln.com/suvs/navigator/
    http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe-mid-size-suv.html
    http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/raptor/
    http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/2013/ram...coat&type=dual
    http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-pickup-trucks.html

I personally like the first and second option. If you do decide to go that way I would highly suggest you get the 24 inch rims.

What part of North America are you in?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    He just moved here from Australia. Come on man

WHOOOPS. not sure how i missed that. any half ton truck will do. and of course if a half ton works, then the 3/4 and 1 tons work even better
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I think he's in Ontario somewhere.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!