Default Warranty & Service Concerns

After considerable comparison shopping I am ready to buy either an Outback or an Outback LS. For wakeboarding, assuming that weighted sacks are used, is there a significant difference in performance? What about bigger water - Does the Outback LS handle better in rough water?

Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality to price ratio. One concern, however, has been a comment provided by a competing product salesman. He said that his dealership had carried Moomba boats for awhile, but dropped them because of the company's poor response to warranty and service issues - they had trouble getting defects covered under warranty. Is there any truth to this, or have I been speaking with an oversealous competitor?

I've always heard the exact opposite about Moomba's customer service. They have always handled our service and warranty issues very promptly. We have never had a problem with them. They have excellent customer service and are really nice. They only problem I am having is finding a dealer within 5 hours from me. Its hard to get someone to work on the boat. As far as the Outback LS, I have a Mobius which is the same hull and everything. It handles great in rough water. When the water is really rough, I fill the ballast so that it rides deeper in water. You have to go slower but it handles great.

I have a 99 Outback and have had excellent results with Skier's Choice and with Brian Raymond. I am 3.5 hours away from the nearest dealer but have found that Brian will make ever attempt to help with on line questions. I am also very pleased with my dealer, South Austin Marine.
    Bobby

I have a 99 Outback and have had excellent results with Skier's Choice and with Brian Raymond. I am 3.5 hours away from the nearest dealer but have found that Brian will make ever attempt to help with on line questions. I am also very pleased with my dealer, South Austin Marine.
    Bobby

Rowe99,

I think you will be very pleased. We have a 2000 Outback/LS with ballast and cage. The ski wake 30 & above is great. Throw in some weight and Tantrum away. We have always had great service from our dealery and Skiers Choice. The only neg to our 2.5 years is a long go around with Indmar when we had an emergency water pump repair made while at Dale Hollow.

All in all, Fantastic People, Fantastic Boat, Fantastic price.

Well folks
    You talked me into it. Thanks

Hey Brian,

I think Jon, Bobby and I need to start working for commissio...lol

Enjoy rowe99, if you are ever on Dale Hollow around Ashburn Creek, keep your eyes peeled for a green outback/ls with cage and pull us over for a cold drink.

I second that Moombamania!!! This college kid is needing some money. Enjoy your boat rowe99.