Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kinda diggin' that charcoal/orange look. Very trick.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've had digital cruise pro on the moomba and now zero off on the supra. Zero Off engages speed much smoother than digital cruise pro ever did, however it was much more noticeable when surfing. With ZO you can't overshoot your speed, it brings you smoothly up to the speed that is set, which is very helpful for less experienced drivers when you are behind the boat. When surfing with DCP, say speed is set at 10.5 it would engage at around 8 and take 15 or so seconds to get up to 10.5 unless the driver works the throttle just perfect. Zero Off engages very smoothly every time when surfing. For me zero off is a better system but if you don't plan on surfing much DCP is a very good speed control system. The surfing problem I had with DCP may have been easily resolved by changing some settings but I never tried for fear of making it worse.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Ha, nice work! That is the boat that immediately popped in my head. It catches my eye every time i drive by.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I've had digital cruise pro on the moomba and now zero off on the supra. Zero Off engages speed much smoother than digital cruise pro ever did, however it was much more noticeable when surfing. With ZO you can't overshoot your speed, it brings you smoothly up to the speed that is set, which is very helpful for less experienced drivers when you are behind the boat. When surfing with DCP, say speed is set at 10.5 it would engage at around 8 and take 15 or so seconds to get up to 10.5 unless the driver works the throttle just perfect. Zero Off engages very smoothly every time when surfing. For me zero off is a better system but if you don't plan on surfing much DCP is a very good speed control system. The surfing problem I had with DCP may have been easily resolved by changing some settings but I never tried for fear of making it worse.
    What year boat had the DCP you drove? Im wondering if they did an update to the software.

The 2013 i drove didnt behaive like that at all. You set it at 10.5 and it throttles right to 10.5 then set the cruise right there and would only fluctuate .1 + - most of the time.

I know on my Moomba cruize it liked to engage a few MPH before the set speed and would take a while to get up to speed when wake boarding but when surfing it normally engaged right around 9 and would only take about 5 seconds to get to my desired speed
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

It was on the 08. It could have just been an issue with the settings, but we didn't surf much at the time and it was never a big enough annoyance to get the manual out and mess with it.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Default Re: 2013 LSV Options (Digital Cruise Pro vs. Zero Off GPS)

Yeah I have the DCP on my 13 lsv and it behaves nothing like my neighbor's ZO in his 06 x2. It doesn't overshoot and is very smooth in my opinion. Again if you have any kind of surface wind creatig a small current or you are in a river or whatever it throws the ZO for a loop.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

my old moomba ls didn't have any speed control, but I really like the zero off on my new boat. I've never had an issue on cloudy days, going quickly under a bridge, or in steep high bank areas (our lake is almost like a 'mountain' river type lake with lots of narrow coves with steep sides). I will say that I've had a few issues where it doesn't engage every time and I've also noticed when surfing it will fluctuate .1 up or down sometimes.