Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2013 LSV Options (Digital Cruise Pro vs. Zero Off GPS)

I'm looking at optioning out a new 13 LSV and I'm not yet convinced the zero off GPS is worth it. Does the digital cruise pro maintain a constant speed even while the rider is pulling hard at either wakeboard or slalom speeds? I don't think my skill set requires the 1/10th mph precision of the zero off GPS, but I would like to be assured the digital cruise pro does an adequate job.

Which brings me to my next question....I do still enjoy slaloming, however, I would say I spend 90% of the time on my wakeboard. How bad is the wake of the 13 LSV gonna beat me up at 32-34mph?

Thanks

I have the ZO and love it vs the 07 Moomba cruise, not sure about the digital to cruise on the newer boats, thought the man difference was the gps based vs speed based..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have driven both boats with both systems and personally i liked them both the same really.

They had different features and when talking with Shane Stillman <SC Rep> they work pretty simular.

New Digital cruize is so close to perfect pass in terms of how it works i couldnt tell much difference. You set it and forget it. If you shut the boat off it doesnt care, stop and go, what ever. Also holds speed well through corners.

Zero Off, works the same as above but you get to save riders speeds in it so you can pre program each person.

Downside of the Zero off, in Portland area we would lose signal everytime we got near the big bridges. Also if your near lots of trees or in a deep valley. Lose signal and the boat would surge, slow down, stop, it just gets all weirded out.

I personally liked the old Moomba cruize, so even if all i had was the digital its a HUGE upgrade. To go from Digital to Zero off, not worth the G note in price to me.

Heres some water ski pics last Labor day.

Cant resist this one as you can see a fish jumping.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I agree and disagree with Mikes comments above. As for the OLD moomba cruise i thought it was a Joke. I quickly replaced it with Perfect Pass. Mine is not GPS,like the stargazer version or the Zero off. I agree they are as precise as it gets but my version is nearly as accurate once its set and calibrated etc. Big draw back is mine needs to be calibrated.... Original Moomba cruise ,was/ is a glorified cruise control based on RPM only and for Waterskiing in particular, can be manipulated Quite a bit if you have a heavy or Hard skier involved..

For wakeboarding and maybe surfing it might suffice. I am glad i made the change,if i upgrade to GPS it would be for convenience only.. As for your skiing comment. Yes the LSV's are skiable, but for hardcore or course skiing i Would Not recommend this model boat. For the occasional Recreational ski Yeah sure , but otherwise that wakes gonna beat you up pretty bad.

Of course i'm biased ,having a Moomba Outback DD, but there are a few VD,s that are acceptable as ski boats ,sadly LSV is Not one i would recommend ,but as Wake and Surf boats ,they are cats ass. Sorry for getting off topic .
    Last edited by Mikey; 01-05-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    07 Outback DD

Having just relooked at these pics.. Mike .Where is that rope tied? Looks like from the tower? I would Not recommend this if this is the case at all.

My skiing comments are also based on skiing Shorter rope lengths than it appears in these pics...
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Having just relooked at these pics.. Mike .Where is that rope tied? Looks like from the tower? I would Not recommend this if this is the case at all.

My skiing comments are also based on skiing Shorter rope lengths than it appears in these pics...
    Yes its on the tower, thats where my buddy in the pic wanted it. He said it makes it easier to get up, i know its not the best on the tower, but he only skies 1 or 2x a year and only goes about 5 minutes LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Another reason the GPS based versions are kind of tricky is if you're dealing with any kind of current. I have lived on the mobile Alabama basin and now on lake Houston. Both of which have current, not necessarily on the main bodies of water but on the little rivers and such that feed these bodies of water. For example the San jacinto river feeds lake Houston and that's where all the wskeboarders go because its 100 yards wide so its protected on both sides and the water is usually buttery smooth. Now let's say you are pulling upstream and the water has a 2-3 MPH current under your feet. You set your GPS unit for 22 MPH and the relative velocity under your feet is actually 25 MPH headed upstream and 19 MPH downstream. A "paddle wheel" unit doesn't care about current. Just my personal experience and ultimately my personal $0.02.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

All great information, thank you. I don't have to worry about river currents where I'm at up here in the northy...It sound's like the digital cruise pro will work great for my needs. One of my local friends with a Centurion Enzo with GPS based cruise always complains that he loses signal on cloudy days too. We don't have any bridges or large canyons that we run in that could interfere with our runs.

I'm also undecided on a color pattern for a 13 LSV. I've scoured the web and looked at every image posted and the only thing that is really standing out for me is the charcoal grey/orange combination. Can anyone post any pics of theirs to help give me some better ideas? The configurator tool on the moomba website is worthless for looking at color patterns and looks nothing like the actual end product.

Yeah they still have the 12 model on there for the color options. I have a thread on what my 13lsv looks like...
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    I'm also undecided on a color pattern for a 13 LSV. I've scoured the web and looked at every image posted and the only thing that is really standing out for me is the charcoal grey/orange combination. Can anyone post any pics of theirs to help give me some better ideas? The configurator tool on the moomba website is worthless for looking at color patterns and looks nothing like the actual end product.
    Here is combo you mentioned... http://www.diamondlakeswatersports.com/moombaboats.htm