Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You mean Michael Jordan doesn't really like Hanes tagless undies?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I tend to think that there is no replacement for displacement and probably never will be, but like the tige, this nautty device seems to do more than just swap the wave. seems to try to clean it up and extend it. that's the next trinket I'll be looking for as I think surfboats will always need weight of some kind.

I hope skiers is really working on a true surf hull.
    like mentioned on another forum, you used to go buy a comp boat, then a wakeboard boat, but now it's a wakesurf boat and that's what's needed..

as far as pro's endorsing products, I don't put a whole lot of weight in ANYONE that's getting either paid or endorsed to talk about their own product and what are the odds of a enzo-sponsored rider saying that the cc is the best wave they have surfed
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I'd argue that these manufacturers have simply released surf enhancements on their wakeboard boats and that true, dedicated surf designs are related to the hull.
    If that's the case the same can be said for the Wake Plate or the Smart Plate or Taps or the Wedge, or any other plate or device that is added to the back of a Wake boat for...you guessed it..Wakeboarding. These boats are dedicated Wakeboats and what is slapped onto the back of damn near every one of them? I'm not certain that we will ever see a boat roll out of the factory that is 100% Surf only by way of Hull. These "enhancements" that each company slaps on the back are the key to improvement in what we enjoy. Now for all I know there is already a boat out there that has nothing/needs nothing and is purely a perfect wave made 100% by hull shape...but I don't think that is the case. Sure, the plates all serve a dual purpose, which helps with taking off and planing and all that jazz, but they also ALL directly effect the wake in a positive or negative way depending on what position they are in.

And on that note, could it be said that Nautique is the only company out with a wake boat with the enhancement directly effecting the flow of water thru the hull vs after it? Hydrogate does this. I think they are about as close as it gets so far to wake being directly effected by the hull shape.

I guess my point in all that rambling, and the real take away on my opinion is that these enhancements are the future of surf innovation. They will progressively get better until each brand figures out what it believes in the most and soon they will all be equipped standard, just like the wake plates hanging off the rear for 90% of our boats.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    as far as pro's endorsing products, I don't put a whole lot of weight in ANYONE that's getting either paid or endorsed to talk about their own product and what are the odds of a enzo-sponsored rider saying that the cc is the best wave they have surfed
    Completely agree with this. No different than Motocross boys. One season they ride for Honda and have the most amazing bike, the most amazing manager, the most amazing pit crew and they just LOVE the Red Bull. Next season they are on Kawasaki and guess what, Kawasaki is just the best thing on earth and OMG have you tried this Monster Energy Drink!?!?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

I dont think eigher of them will be in a World Wake Surf event any time soon.
    I'd guess that sponsor dollars talk louder than wave quality.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the innovation and attention being brought to the sport. But, I'd like to see something endorsed by some of the guys I saw on the podiums at the events we were at this year. When/if Keenan, Hazen, Danielo, Lagace or other top riders tell me it's "the next great innovation" in surfing, I'll be more prone to listen.

And, by POS, try this at your upcoming boat show. Get on a 'bu and make your way to the swim platform. Watch the salesman's reaction when you go to step on a surfgate tab. If you get the same reaction I got, you may be inclined to view it as I have.
    probably the same reaction if you went to step on the wakeplate....
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

The great (and scary) thing about marketing is that its not necessarily about what the consumer wants, its about making the consumer think they want something....and whomever sponsors an event year after year will see their equipment being used and will be known as "the best", and for some unknown reason, people seem to think that it actually is the best....I fall for it, so do many. Innovation is what is needed. Let it happen and decide for yourselves whether it is the right thing for you, don't bash it....I personally don't believe in coloring within the lines...
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand