Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default More wakesurfing innovation

Natique's NSS system. Looks a lot like the 'bu concept and, interestingly, being marketed the same way as "the next greatest thing for wakesurfing.". Both look like bolt-on POS to me.

http://www.nautique.com/blog/index/nautique-surf-system

http://youtu.be/6usVCaSxU2A

http://youtu.be/nTaV0sy5Nnc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

These are starting to look a little better. Interesting.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Both look like bolt-on POS to me.
    little surprised at this statement. with your daughters being in the limelight of wakesurfing, any company spending r&d $$ in this sport should be commended. although I certainly don't understand the fascination with switching sides in under a second, it appears that this add-on allows this boat, similar to the z3, to create what looks to be a good wake with very little list. looks to be the next step beyond surfgate.

my hope is that skiers has something in the testing phase and are not going to be left in the dust as all these new innovations are coming out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

A little shocked as well. If you ask me, Skiers is behind. Of course, nobody asked me.

That now makes Tige, Nautique, and Malibu with dedicated surf designs........
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Anything to help fine tune would be good in my book. I"m sure a lot of you have seen the difference just a half mph or moving 100-200 lbs further to one side can make in the wave.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

That is the best looking "surf" feature going so far. MC came out with surf tabs in 2010, but i like the retractable movivig plates.. pretty cool stuff IMO...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I saw this when it was released yesterday.

My thoughts, what little they may be worth, is about the same as when i saw Malibu Surfgate.

Its really the same thing just looks different and deploys slightly different.

I dont think eigher of them will be in a World Wake Surf event any time soon.

When you look at the wave its creating, its not clean on top, its washy and its not a Big wave its just a decent wave. Even the pro rider they had surfing it wasnt getting a lot of air. Nor do i think you will see the big shuve its, and board flips and barral rolls that are starting to become the normal big trick. You have to get air to do those, and to get air you have to have a ramp and some length.

Plus when you get air or you turn to a 180 you need eigher a ramp to land in on a flat face to recover in.

Washy face, and top means you slow down considerably and unless you have a lot of push in the back of that pocket you wont recover.

My other concern is like most all sports, its best to be 150lbs or lighter to make things easier.

Being fare north of that you need a larger wave with more power, and unless the NSS is fare superior to the Surfgate, its not designed to handle a lot of ballast. Its designed to handle factory ballast only.

I agree that next big innovation in surfing needs to be hull design where the boat isnt listing 20% degrees to make a wave but the whole idea to switch side to side in 4-5 seconds just holds to weight to me at all.

Every single wave i have been on that was what i consider addiquate, and all prolevel waves i have seen, a 4-5 second switch over time would do nothing for you, because the waves are so much larger you still couldnt cross them unless you jumped it, and most videos ive seen of the switch are just guys riding accross the wave.

As for SC losing ground in the surf market, i agree they are, id like to think they know this and have something big planned, but at the same time you have to think, are the ideas being developed right now game changers in the Wake Surf Market? I have to say No they are not. They are modifications to make a Non Surf Hull better at Surfing. Lets face it, the Tige is the only boat out with the VX hull extension that was ever a Surf minded hull to begin with. Even that item isnt a game changer, it extends the hull and clean up the wave some more, but ultimatly the hull of the boat is still doing the work.

What i really hope and we shall see soon enough, is what does SC really have up there sleeve? Is the Mojo more then it appears as a surf boat? Is there plans to bring out a new Supra with a new Hull to battle the surf market?

Dont get caught up too much in these Tabs, and trinkets as Game Changing innovations to the boats.
    Its really the same as putting a Lift kit on a F350 to make it a better 4x4 truck. It really doesnt make it better, it just gives more ground clearence, but the truck still stinks as a serious 4x4, its just too big and heavy LOL
    Last edited by mmandley; 01-04-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Don't get me wrong, I love the innovation and attention being brought to the sport. But, I'd like to see something endorsed by some of the guys I saw on the podiums at the events we were at this year. When/if Keenan, Hazen, Danielo, Lagace or other top riders tell me it's "the next great innovation" in surfing, I'll be more prone to listen.

And, by POS, try this at your upcoming boat show. Get on a 'bu and make your way to the swim platform. Watch the salesman's reaction when you go to step on a surfgate tab. If you get the same reaction I got, you may be inclined to view it as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    That now makes Tige, Nautique, and Malibu with dedicated surf designs........
    I'd argue that these manufacturers have simply released surf enhancements on their wakeboard boats and that true, dedicated surf designs are related to the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    When/if Keenan, Hazen, Danielo, Lagace or other top riders tell me it's "the next great innovation" in surfing, I'll be more prone to listen.
    I would only listen if they are saying it on there own video, or in person.

Being sponcered by these brands and what they think holds no serious weight. Being paid to say something doesnt means its what they really think.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]