Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Time for new tires!

When I get home from work in about 2 weeks it will be time for new rubber on the truck. Since the fiancé's father works for Bridgestone and Firestone is having their annual mega one day sale the day after I get home I figured I would go with Bridgestone tires.

Vehicle is a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd with the 20s. I am torn between the Bridgestone Dueller HL Alenzas or the Bridgestone Dueller AT Revos.

The HLs look like they last 10,000 miles longer and may yield better fuel economy but the ATs look bad ass!

What do I do??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Looks are important because wheels truly make or break a trucks looks.

I would look into the tires for a couple things, milage is one

Also see if one is D or E rated. D is the minnimum for towing and E is the one i always go with. This will give you stiffer sidewalls and keep the truck from swaying as much when towing or hauling things.

As for milage i wouldnt worry as much as almost all tires are going to last 40K with regualr rotations and proper air pressure.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

40k that's it??? The HLs are warrantied for 60k and the ATs for 50k. I better get more than 40 out of them haha. I will for sure look into the load rating tho!

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

How long do you plan to drive the truck - another 50k? May have an influence on what you do.

Go BadAss while you're still young. You can worry about warranties and mileage when you get old.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Just my opinion, but I had Duelers on my Tundra stock and they sucked. They also look lame. You probably get a deal with the FIL but I'd check out GY Duratracs.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I know a lot of Toyota guys who run the revos and really like them. They say they have good handling characteristics and last around 50k miles.
    -Jake

How about the MT or are you not wanting that aggressive on a 2wd truck?

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    40k that's it??? The HLs are warrantied for 60k and the ATs for 50k. I better get more than 40 out of them haha. I will for sure look into the load rating tho!

What was the last truck you owned for 40K?

The tires on my F150 were 3 years old and had 36K and dry rotted
    The tired on my Black F350 lasted 35K and where just worn out

The tired on my New F350 had about 40K and wore out.

Now i got new ones and they have about 6K so fare.
    DO i think i will see the 50K warrenty they have? No not likely.

Plus the tire warrenty is normally pro-rated so you are still going to pay out of pocket, and when you have used tires and have to replace 1, you normally will replace 2 because on the front it will cause drifting have an old and new tire, and on the rear, you might not notice it, but now you cant rotate the tires, and this is what really helps keep the tires lasting, and correct air pressure all the time.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The truck has 90k miles on it so I probably won't be looking for a new one for another 110k miles.

The cooper tires on there now where on there when I bought it and I don't recalls them looking particularly new and I have racked up about 40k miles since then. They probably have 10k or so left in them but they only have the sale once a year and I'll be passes 10k before next January so now is the time for me to buy.

I don't care for mud tires on anything really unless it a necessity. Not even a fan of jacked up trucks, just looks very wasteful to me. Now if I had a jeep that would be another story. Trucks IMO are for mild offloading like driving thru a pasture or down a wet dirt road, nothing a decent AT cant handle, and their main reason is to haul, you ruin hauling characteristics when you jack em way up high and put stupid big tires on them.

David

Why they gotta be stupid big tires!

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV