Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Destination looks too "woodsy" for me. Kyle, have you had the Alenzas? Looks like Tire Rack has them for $142 in my size. That would be hard to beat if they are good.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I put michelins on most of my cars. The ltx/ms would be a great choice. I put the ltx/at2's on wifey's pilot and probably won't go that aggressive next time. I thought we might see some sand or snow in it but haven't really used them. The ltx/ms works great in the rain and snow/ice and is good for 50k (I've run a couple of sets). The at/2 will work better in deeper snow and sand. I don't think I'll get 50k out of them. I had the original at's in load range E still going after 100k on my old passport, the lot that bought it showed pictures of the good tires as a selling point!
    -Jake

Love Michelins. Can't afford 'em. Our biggest problem here is the UV and heat. Gotta get new tires every 4 years or so just about no matter what. I just saw some General Grabber HTS for $116 on Tire Rack. I've paid more than that for Chineseho in the past. Might pull the trigger today. Tire Rack has testing results that put them above a few others.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have not personally owned the Alenza's. I just shopped them when buying new tires and they were the best thing out at that time.

Since you mentioned the burb ... I'll throw a couple pics up. Here are the Destinations LE's on the vehicle.

Last edited by wolfeman131; 01-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Hmm. They look pretty darn good and not as off road as I thought they would. Thanks!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wifey gets michelins and I get hankooks Been happy with them. Good, even wear. Stay balanced, not prone to punctures.
    I sent a friend to Americas tire for the 35" Hankook mud tire on his 'burb and when they didn't have it in stock he got the BFG KM2's for the Hankook price
    -Jake

Looks like I could get the Destination LE2 for same money and it's a better tire (I think the other Destination I was looking at was AT, not LE or something). Thing is I can't stand white letters or even OWL's. Wonder if I can just turn 'em in.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Suburban 2wd&autoModClar=
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Should be a blackwall and whitewall side but I would confirm.

The ones you see on mine are the LE's
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Just went out and walked around the truck. No more going over the road or towing until this gets done. It's that serious. Maybe call tirerack today and see what they say. Love the survey results on their site on the Desintation LE2. Noise and wet traction are the most important to me and they look real good there plus on everything else.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!