Default Question about titles in california

My father in law has a 1970 honda cb350 cafe racer thathas been sitting in his garage for 30 years. He lives in nj now but it was original titled in california and he lost the title. I want to get this bike on the road but i need to get the title. Anyone know the process for him to get the title? I tried calling calling but they are closed til wednesday. Just curious what the process would be since he is no longer in california.

Normally you would goto your local DMV, take the VIN with you. Explain to them what happened and what your trying to do. They might have it on file and just reissue a new title.

Or they will go through a title recovery, where they mail the last known owner at the last known address.

No responce in X many days and the title is forfitted to you.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

With it being that old could it have had a MCO and not a title? Do you have pictures of the bike, been thinking of starting a cafe project CB.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    With it being that old could it have had a MCO and not a title? Do you have pictures of the bike, been thinking of starting a cafe project CB.
    Dont have any handy. California said since its so old and wasnt registered in over 30 years they no longer have records of it. I would need to get the bike for nj to ca for them to get a title. They need to see it before they title it. Now i need to go thru nj which ahould be fun.