Default Wake plate for LS

I have a 2005 LS and my friend has a 2005 LSV. When I have ridden behind his boat I see the difference his wakeplate makes with the wake. I have heard that the wake plate would not have any effect on my boat since it is direct drive? Does anyone know the answer or has 1st hand experience?

Default Replying to Topic 'Wake plate for LS'

We had a 2003 Outback LS and the wake plate worked really well to "shape" the wake. I liked it so much on our direct drive that when we traded the boat in for a 2005 Mobius LSV I ordered it with a wake plate. You will be happy if you add the plate. Good luck.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

I have an 05 Mobius LS and couldn't imagine life without a wake plate. It helps to shape the wake and also helps when the water gets choppy by helping put the nose in the water. I wondered about it when I ordered my boat, my dealer doesn't order stock boats without it. It is worth every penny.

I couldn't imagine not having the wake plate. When we are all tired and just want to go for a ride, it is nice to drop the wake plate and just cruise. Without it my boat starts to porpoise around 26-30 MPH. I especially like it when we change from wakeboarding to skiing, it really helps flatten the wake at higher speeds. I do not know how you can make it without Perfect Pass and a Wake Plate! I am sold on both of them.

I agree with everyone here. We have an 05 LS and the wakeplate seems to have the same affect on the boat that "trim tabs" used to have on my old Bayliner. You can change the shape of the wake and also keep "porposing" under control. I also agree that a "plate" is a must, right along with Perfect Pass, sunlight and oxygen.

Ditto,,,, 01 Outback LS

I also have a problem with porpoising at 30+ mph, and I know the plate will help that. My question is whether a wake plate will help signifigantly with the wake for slalom skiing. I know some of the earlier boats had fixed plates as a factory option. Who manufactures SC's wakeplates? What is the size of the plate (width x depth) do the side edges turn up?

I agree with everyone who made comments about the plate great for shaping and eliminating the porpoising it can't hurt you by getting it

i have just bought a 06 outback and i want to install a wake plate help

Quote Originally Posted by Father of 5 View Post
    Who manufactures SC's wakeplates? What is the size of the plate (width x depth) do the side edges turn up?
    Up until 09, Bennett's Trim Tabs are the wakeplates. The size will depend on your boat.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier