Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage Heaters

Nice garage. Think the one thing I would do is remove the standard door and framing, increase the rough opening height (and width, too, maybe), and replace with an oversize roll up door. Leave the other door standard. Again, nice garage.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Great looking garage, and I second Deerfield. It's way to convenient and nice at the end of the day to just back your baby in with the tower up. I can promise you it will get old real quick having to break her down each time out

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Actually that's not really an option. Obviously anything can be done if you have the guts to do it, but this garage already has a second level built in to it so, at this point in time, I don't really feel like ripping it out to make room for the boat. The main floor has a nine foot ceiling, then in the back of the garage there's a set of stairs going up to the attic. I'll probably use the attic for storage at first, then maybe when we get settled I'll turn it into a project and build a bar/entertainment area or something up there.

Jpetty, I know what you mean about breaking down the tower every time out. I keep my boat at my parents house on a lift (about an 8 minute drive from where my house will be!) and if the river level is high enough I have to break the tower down just to get on the lift and raise it out of the water. This past summer we got real lucky and the water levels never came up and I never had a reason to break the tower down.

Get the gas line run and go with something like a HotDawg gas heater.
    http://www.modinehvac.com/v2portal/p...ntent2_035.htm
    You'll be happy as hell with a temperature controlled garage and never regret it. They are worth their weight in gold. My boat is almost as happy as I am since building my shop

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet