Default Centurion takes over Supreme

Got this article today.

I find this funny, interesting and not suprising at the same time.

While i was at, and after the Polar Bear event i went to in Oct. I said several times that Supreme is feels very much to Centurion as Moomba does to Supra.

Now its just more official.

FINELINE INDUSTRIES ACQUIRES SKI SUPREME BOATS.

Merced, CA, December 21, 2012; Fineline Industries Inc., producers of Centurion Boats, is proud to announce the acquisition of Ski Supreme Boats. Fineline Industries will begin immediate production of all current and new Supreme boat orders.

Les Clark, Vice-President of Manufacturing said, “It is an exciting time of growth for the Fineline family as we welcome Supreme back to the factory floor. There’s a rich heritage of Supreme in this factory!” From 1994 until 2009, Fineline Industries manufactured Supreme alongside its Centurion brand in its Merced, California factory. The existing 2013 Supreme lineup will again be coupled with Fineline’s commitment to building boats with the highest degree of quality craftsmanship, attention to detail, fit and finish.

Fineline Industries will market Supreme boat models as a separate brand. Centurion and its divisions including World Championship Towboats and the Commercial Flight Division, producers of water taxis and parasail boats, will continue to be marketed separately.

Since the 1970's, Centurion Boats has pioneered tow sports and continues to lead the industry with towboat technology and innovation. Rick Lee, President of Fineline Industries said, “Introducing our innovation practices, efficiencies in manufacturing, best-in-class warranty and customer service will all translate to immediate value to our existing and future Supreme owners. The entire organization is committed to building strength in the Supreme brand by holding these new boats to the highest degree of Fineline’s standards and quality.”
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Truth be told my Centurion was a Grand Prix skier, good luck figuring that one out!
    -Jake

mike, charlie made no bones about saying that supreme and cent. were in bed. cent. has been making the hulls and supreme rigged them in a separate area. iirc, the 226 hull was designed by centurion. I am guessing there is a $$ ploy here by supreme to cash out and now supreme/centurion can "officially" share common materials/construction techniques for reduced costs on both sides.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

...And get rid of Kal Kustoms.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    mike, charlie made no bones about saying that supreme and cent. were in bed. cent. has been making the hulls and supreme rigged them in a separate area. iirc, the 226 hull was designed by centurion. I am guessing there is a $$ ploy here by supreme to cash out and now supreme/centurion can "officially" share common materials/construction techniques for reduced costs on both sides.
    Yes but on the Centurion boat it was a HUGE NO NO to compare or talk about the two.

Also when i was talking offline with Supreme and Centurion neigher wanted there names in the same sentence
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yes but on the Centurion boat it was a HUGE NO NO to compare or talk about the two.

Also when i was talking offline with Supreme and Centurion neigher wanted there names in the same sentence
    well they are in bed together now so they better start playing nice or it could lead to a nasty divorce

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Not too long ago they also had the revamped version of Gecko boats being produced in the same place as well although i believe Gecko is long gone now.They have been playing together for quite awhile i was told...
    07 Outback DD

a bunch of them iirc. gekko, centurion, supreme, epic(toyota) and I believe that sanger was in that same facility at some point.

financially, that had to be a real mess. gotta give kudos to skiers for integrating 2 brands successfully and keeping enough differentiation to make them unique to different shoppers..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten