Default Relocation Update

Friday I leave for Illinois. Get to spend the week of Christmas at home with my wife and sons. The oldest arrives home Saturday after a year-long deployment to the Middle East. The youngest is already home on break from college. The middle son works for a bank and lives at home.

First four weeks on the new job have been good. Even though I am in the same business as with my prior employer, still lots to learn. Good management and colleagues.

Last weekend moved out of the hotel and into a rented room. Posted an ad on Craig's List and landed a room in a house owned by an elderly widow. $340 a month. Includes private bathroom and full use of house. Quiet location about thirteen miles from the office.

Looking to buy a house. No hurry. Getting up to speed on the new job and getting to know the area will take time. I think it will take six to nine months to find a house and get fully relocated.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Stuart,

Glad to hear that you will be with family over the Holidays and I'm sure it will be great to spend time with your sons. Safe travels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds great man, i bet its the best Christmas gift to get your Oldest home right before the hollidays.

Have a great holliday man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

glad to hear you'll all be together..

did the rented room thing when the ex and I split. amazing how the economy and craigslist have changed the world. lived with 3 young navy recruits that ended up going to iraq. when they left, got another military kid for 9 months before he deployed and then kept the place to myself until I bought a house. it's a cheap way to go..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'm glad to hear it's working out for you and especially happy to hear your holiday plans. Merry Christmas!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hope you and the family have a very Merry Christmas - nice that things worked out so you can all be together!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

here's to a great holiday season deer. glad to hear things are falling into place

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV