Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you not going to be using it for the whole winter season then just winterized it. Easy enough, and then your not sucking a ton of electricity all winter long. Block heaters are to get an engine warmed up quick to make cold weather starts easier, not really to maintain a constant long long period temp. I agree otherwise with the dual light bulb set up, but if you can afford a $20k+ boat, you can afford to winterized it and KNOW your engine will be safe all winter long. Just my opinion, and did not mean any of it to be rude.

Default Block Heater vs Winterizing

Got the block warmer and 100w right now. Still haven't had a freeze. Hope to go out in the next 3 weeks.

Default Block Heater vs Winterizing

Winterize over block heater. Really guys. 15 days. Must be rough. Since my boat sits for seven, eight, or nine months I drain the water out of it. Last winter my idiot neighbor left his 96 outback full of water outside and it still didn't freeze. Wouldn't be my luck.
    -Jake

I have been known to ski/wakeboard in February. I went December 3rd, 2012. Not worth winterizing. Use the oil pan heater and I start it about every 3 weeks.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I always winterize but part of that is because in my insurance policy it states i cant use the boat between 11/1 and 4/1 this also makes my policy cheaper.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]