Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^ Exactly what I was doing. Grew up camping in a trailer with my folks. Owned a 24ft travel trailer for a few years and it was fun but we were looking for the "all in one" deal instead of having 2 tow vehicles. Leaning toward the Class C for the extra bunk space since we usually have 4 kids + an extra or two so tents are always in the mix for the older ones.

Gotta say though - the roadtrip portion with a motorhome is much nicer with a little space for them to move around rather than looking for the next thing to start fighting/whining/arguing about while they're shoulder to shoulder for 3-4 hours in the back seat of a truck or SUV.

I already gave in to the fact that gas mileage with a motorhome and boat in tow shouldn't even factor into the equation with what we're doing. Ford seems to dominate the class C. I'd consider a class A if it had front bunks and/or side bunks somewhere but those seem rare if at all.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Hey Z - I forgot to ask. What is your Class A rated to pull? That jeep's gotta be close to to the same as a boat. Did you have to have the tow package upgraded or air bags for the rear suspension?

Curious because I talked to a guy this summer pulling a Supra 22V behind a BIG c-class, like 32ft if I recall, and he said he had to spend some money on it before he could tow with it.

I've always heard Class A are not rated for as much because of the long overhang off the rear axle.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Tow capacity is 5,000 pounds and the listed curb weight of the Jeep is 3,785 pounds but with what I have it is around 4,000 pounds. The limitation is the combined weight and the GVW and I think anything above 5,000 would exceed the combined weight limitation. Not sure how all that is figured up but I once looked at the Winnebago on the Mercedes diesel chassis (Sprinter) and with all of the equipment added it only had a 3,000 towing capacity.

The rig doesn't sag at all when the boat is connected. One thing with all motor homes is when you go into a turn the back end swings out and I caught a boat fender on a pylon at a launch once. One thing my Jeep doesn't have and by law needs is a braking system but I'm leery as they tie into the existing vehicle brakes and another failure point.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD