Default Installing aftermarket ballast

I've got a 99 Outback Kanga and am wondering if anyone has experience with removing the floor and installing aftermarket tanks. I've seen in some of the wakeboarding mags articles on doing this in other boats but was curious if anyone's done it with a direct drive Moomba yet?

Default Replying to Topic 'Installing aftermarket ballast'

I did not go under the floor with mine, but I stowed two tube sacs; one under the rear seat and the other in the ski locker. I used the plug hole for my water pickup. The only thing you can see above the deck is the water fill / dump line that runs along the port side from the observer seat back to the rear bench.

Hope this helps, E

Default Replying to Topic 'Installing aftermarket ballast'

Thanks but since my boat has an inboard the only thing under my rear seat is the driveshaft. Also my boat doesn't have a center ski locker, only a 6" diameter access hole to the bilge pump. I did find a great article online on making an in floor system the only thing is figuring out how to remove my floor. The back comes up easily so I can access the driveshaft but I don't see how I can remove anything in the front. It seems to all be fiberglassed in. I'd like to be able to cut some access spots in the floor underneath the front seats in the bow. Does anyone know if they use the floor as support for the hull? I'd hate to cut something that might f@#$ my boat up.