Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    I test drove just about everything. The most impressive truck I drove was a new F250 6.7. That motor is unbelievable, of course so it the price tag. Not much compares to 800 ft/lbs of TQ. In the end, I don't tow enough to justify a diesel and that added cost. If price was no object, that would be my ride. GMC/Chevy trucks just seemed exactly like my Avalanche (not a bad thing), but after 8 years I was ready for a change. The Ridgeline was unimpressive in options. I tested a "loaded" RTL (I think that was the letters) and it did not have rear camera, bluetooth, heated/cooled seats. It was sad how much it DID NOT have. Of course the price was nice. I drove Nissan ProX4, but didn't care for the interior stylings. Drove a Ram 2500 Cummings and went back to talk numbers after some research and it was sold (it was a 12 used for a great price). Ram doesn't have the V6/8speed out for a while in the new truck. No one had a Hemi with 8 speed and no one had a air ride. Summer for a lot of that.

For the 150, both the 5.0 and EB are nice. The 5L just seemed very much like my 5.3 GM. The EB is very different. I drove the 5.0 and thought it was nice, then got in the EB and could really tell a lot of difference, then got in the Avy to leave and it felt like a pig.

My only complaint in the EB is the loss of a throaty V-8. Youtube EB exhaust and it's not pretty. The backup camera on the Ford is much better with a lot of options that my Avy did not have. I already like the number pad to lock/unlock the truck, nice for trail riding on my bike. The gauge cluster info center is a lot of fun. I took my nav/radio out fo the Avy and may put it in the 150 (but there is no dash kit out yet). I have to test out the Sync system for a while.
    Might look into the changing out the stereo of the new 13 F150s, its so integrated into the main system of the truck im not sure thats an option any longer, to remove it that is. With its voice command, and the other features they have it tied into you might really cripple the electronics of the truck.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

There are a few companies that make adapters to install aftermarket radios. Some of the Sync functions will be lost. At this point, I'm not sure that I am going to change it out (although I will miss the DVD playing feature and a visual map). I like the radio display and the sync intergration.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sweet truck! Congrats!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Sweet truck! Congrats!
    exactly what he said
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm glad you like the EB. I've heard/ read lots of people first try the 5.0 ,and are quite happy,but the few that try the EB,likely are so much more impressed its actully and easy upsale.
    As for your version of sync,there are 2 versions i believe . mine is the simpler version,not quite all the features but more than enough for what i want. Digital door locks are definetely nice for the times i have no place to carry keys. i lock em in ,hidden of course and go,then just key in number and walla...your in. Would i do this all the time??no ,but it has its benefits.

As for the throaty growl. There are quite a few exhaust upgrades,which mostly all make them noisier to whatever degree. I'm trying to find one that upgrades power,is all Stainless and Doesn;t increase noise too much or then I,m never gonna hear the end of it as my wife Drives the truck more than i do. Also muffler choice will dictate as well.
    07 Outback DD

Doh! Everyone's upgrading, you guys are making it tough to keep the 07'!

I had to get something new before the end of the world. So, effectively it won't cost me anything and I will enjoy a new truck for a week.

If, on the outside chance the world doesn't end, I'm keeping the economy going before we fall over the fiscal cliff.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Love it. Loving my 2012 Ecoboost.. just hit 1500 miles.. tows like a Dream. I spend some time in a 250 with Powerstroke at work and had really thought hard about that for my truck.. but couldnt stomach $4 gal gas and size. I was NOT disappointed when i towed a few weeks ago!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Love it. Loving my 2012 Ecoboost.. just hit 1500 miles.. tows like a Dream. I spend some time in a 250 with Powerstroke at work and had really thought hard about that for my truck.. but couldnt stomach $4 gal gas and size. I was NOT disappointed when i towed a few weeks ago!
    I can see your point here.

I was at the dealer a couple weeks back and looked at the new 13 Eco-Boost but i didnt drive it. I really liked all the changes they made since my 06 version i had.

I just coudlnt bring myself to step back into the smaller F150 again. I was very tempted but just coupldnt do it yet.

Now they have an ALL NEW 2013 Dodge Ram 2500-3500 out and its shweet
    2014 will being out the new Chevy D Max rigs
    I expect the F250-F350 will get interior and Bodt reword for 2015

I will upgrade around that time just not sure if i will stay with F series or actually go Ram. I have really liked the Ram trucks body styling since they redid it in 2010. Now with new interior and finally a new drive train, im really liking them more and more
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Looks like some big improvements for the Ram. A few I remember off the top of my head..
    Aisin tranny now available in 2500 and 3500 trucks, if you have ever beat the you know what out of a Toyota you know they are bomb proof, been available in the heavy duty ram 4500 and up trucks for years.
    A stronger hydroformed frame and three power options in the cummins based on the three tranny options.
    A different front axle disconnect for better mileage, also the 3500 4x4 only will get a new 3 link (I think?) front suspension.
    And it's already got styling people like. I think things are looking up for them . I've always loved the cummins just not everything else that came with it.
    -Jake