Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My New Tow Rig and Daily Driver

Well, after a lot of searching and many various test drives I settled on a new truck. Being a large town (Tampa) there are many dealers of the same brands, so as a shopper, you get a lot of haggle power. You can also narrow down exactly what your trade is worth to a dealer (Every dealer was within about $500 of each other after "real numbers" were shown).

I had two Chevy Avalanches and both were excellent trucks. I would highly recommend that vehicle to anyone looking for a solid everyday driver and tow truck.

Pictures and more info to follow.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Glad to hear you have hopefully found a truck you like and a deal to go with it. Here we have numerous dealers for various brands...But it pays to know that many dealers Owners own more than one dealership. Where i deal with ,the owner actually owns 3 Ford dealerships,1 dodge and a toyota dealership yet you can still price one against the other to some degree as they are allowed to have independant managers who all are expected to do the best they can. Likely the same there as well.

I have never bought a new vehicle outright , without some financing involved so using trade in values etc is usually a mute point. For me its ...i don't care what the retail price or adjusted price with rebates financing % etc is.. It come down to WHAT are the payments,for how long. Then start playing the back and forth numbers game.

Anyway Good luck and post up some pics as you are well aware everyone will be asking..
    07 Outback DD

Here it is, 2013 F-150 Crew EcoBoost.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Wow! Great looking truck!

Looks good, enjoy that new car smell.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Sweet! That's a winner!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Nice and trust me you will have fun with the Ecoboost motor.
    07 Outback DD

Congrats on the new truck

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Wow, lots of Chevy guys going ford, nice looking ride...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I test drove just about everything. The most impressive truck I drove was a new F250 6.7. That motor is unbelievable, of course so it the price tag. Not much compares to 800 ft/lbs of TQ. In the end, I don't tow enough to justify a diesel and that added cost. If price was no object, that would be my ride. GMC/Chevy trucks just seemed exactly like my Avalanche (not a bad thing), but after 8 years I was ready for a change. The Ridgeline was unimpressive in options. I tested a "loaded" RTL (I think that was the letters) and it did not have rear camera, bluetooth, heated/cooled seats. It was sad how much it DID NOT have. Of course the price was nice. I drove Nissan ProX4, but didn't care for the interior stylings. Drove a Ram 2500 Cummings and went back to talk numbers after some research and it was sold (it was a 12 used for a great price). Ram doesn't have the V6/8speed out for a while in the new truck. No one had a Hemi with 8 speed and no one had a air ride. Summer for a lot of that.

For the 150, both the 5.0 and EB are nice. The 5L just seemed very much like my 5.3 GM. The EB is very different. I drove the 5.0 and thought it was nice, then got in the EB and could really tell a lot of difference, then got in the Avy to leave and it felt like a pig.

My only complaint in the EB is the loss of a throaty V-8. Youtube EB exhaust and it's not pretty. The backup camera on the Ford is much better with a lot of options that my Avy did not have. I already like the number pad to lock/unlock the truck, nice for trail riding on my bike. The gauge cluster info center is a lot of fun. I took my nav/radio out fo the Avy and may put it in the 150 (but there is no dash kit out yet). I have to test out the Sync system for a while.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier